Author Topic: Rider down!!  (Read 15189 times)

Offline Joe Timney

• Delaware Chassis Works
Re: Rider down!!
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2009, 04:13:57 PM »
Obituary from the Sarasota Herald Tribune

Gaetano R. "Guy" Lombardi, 67, of Sarasota, formerly of Bronx, N.Y., died Oct. 24, 2009.
A memorial service will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at Faith Baptist Church, 8751 Fruitville Rd, Sarasota, FL. A celebration of life service will be at 2 p.m. at the Potter Building next to Robarts Arena, 3000 Ringling Blvd, Sarasota, FL.
Please wear Florida Gator gear in honor of Guy.
Survivors include a daughter, Gina Lombardi Tidwell of Charlotte, N.C.; sons Joseph and Vincent, both of Sarasota; a sister, Carole Ortiz of New York City; a brother, Burt Zupa of Sarasota, and his granddaughter,
Kelsey Tidwell. Guy is also survived by two nieces, Carol Post and Jean Wallace, and a nephew, Burt Zupa.
He was a 1966 graduate of the University of Florida and a member of Phi Delta Theta. Guy was the owner of University Motors of Sarasota. He was an avid motorcycle enthusiast who broke the 200 m.p.h. land speed record at the Bonneville Salt Flats in 2008.
He was a strong Christian who loved the Lord and dedicated himself to helping people and animals.
Memorial donations may be made to the Bob Jones University in Greenville, S.C.

I know I speak for myself, as well as the entire ECTA membership when I say that we are all deeply saddened by Guy’s untimely passing and would like to extend our deepest sympathies to the entire Lombardi Family and Guy’s life partner, Ruby Justice.

Joe Timney
President
East Coast Timing Association
Joe Timney
Retired President of ECTA
President of Delaware Chassis Works
President of FIREFOX Fire Suppression System
www.delawarechassisworks.com

Offline TURBO KING

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2009, 04:23:49 PM »
Thanks Joe. 

Thats one post I wish you didn't have to make.   :cry:

Walt
RCC Super Ultra Kit
Harry's Case/Head Mods
Built, tuned, ridden and owned by me
635 honest rwhp, capable of more
244 mph at Maxton
Top Speed Overall Maxton 2007
Winner 2007 Super Streetbike Magazine Top Speed Shootout
Thanks Richard P, DaveO, Rick S

Offline Dakzila

• 1956 Triumph cub
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2009, 05:34:49 PM »
 :cry:

To the family and friends of Guy.

Some of us didn't know Guy but we knew his passion. Saddened as we are, we know he is now safe with the Lord.

FDR said in a speech once " Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat".

Be comforted by Guy's passion and winning spirit.

May the comfort and support of God be with Guy, and with you his loving family and friends.

Buzz

SCTA  #1513
"Marred by indecision; vision is blurred, confidence deteriorates and progress stagnates."

"It's not about what you did.....It's about what you do!"

"Regret is part of the aging process and should never be confused with failure."

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2009, 08:58:01 PM »
Was that FDR or Theodore Roosevelt?

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2009, 09:13:25 PM »
Theodore Roosevelt, although I didn't find out (in my quick searches) when or where or under what circumstances the liens were uttered.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline willieworld

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2009, 09:46:50 PM »
the one from the worlds fastest indian

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline Flyboy

• Graduate National Test Pilots School,
    • http://WWW.SKYDANCERLE.COM
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2009, 10:03:09 PM »
I never met the gentleman but we spoke numerous times on the phone about my racing and how I could get more speed. Guy was always open, helpful and a good listener. I will miss him. He was a great asset to LSR. May he RIP and my condolences go out to his family.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 10:04:43 PM by Flyboy »
One Fast ZX-14
Three World and Four AMA Land Speed Records
One Fast Cessna Turbo 210

Offline Papi

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2009, 12:42:39 PM »
Very sad. RIP fellow Rider.
Steve "Papi" Chappell, SCTA-BNI #2230 to 2239
Dirty 2 Club Member, Mojave Mile 2 Club Member
San Diego Roadster Club