Author Topic: Small block chevy Questions?  (Read 3279 times)

superpro787

Small block chevy Questions?
« on: August 26, 2005, 03:00:00 PM »
What CC does a late model truck head(1987+) #14102193 have. and/or what comp-ratio would this head have on a flat top 327?

What cam should i run if I plan to use the stock springs?

I know this head sucks for performance, I'm just looking for something to put together cheap. and i got all the parts free.

Jerry

Offline handelbars

• New folks
comp.ratio
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 07:28:00 PM »
if you are going to run these heads the comp. ratio doesnt matter. what matters is the valve springs, use the best ones you can.call the cam manufacturer and get his opinion.they are able to help you and will.

Offline hitz

Re: Small block chevy Questions?
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 09:25:13 AM »
Quote from: superpro787
What CC does a late model truck head(1987+) #14102193 have. and/or what comp-ratio would this head have on a flat top 327?

What cam should i run if I plan to use the stock springs?

I know this head sucks for performance, I'm just looking for something to put together cheap. and i got all the parts free.

Jerry

Jerry, If the head has heat inducted valve seats (no steel inserts) it is probably a 76cc head which would give you around 8.5 to 1 on a 327 with flat top pistons. If you are going to use stock valve springs use a stock cam. You don't need a performance cam with this compression. You'll only lose low end torque and won't pick up any top end.

Good luck, Harvey