Author Topic: Schedule for November Meet  (Read 10038 times)

Offline sheribuchta

Re: Schedule for November Meet
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2009, 01:56:37 PM »
Glen,

Ahhhh, I'm so glad you'll be at the November meet. Last time I heard from you, you weren't sure. I take it that all is ok with the doc?  When will you be coming in? See you next weekend.
Sheri

PS  John, I am also glad that you will be there on Thursday  :-D  See you and your better half when you get there.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2009, 02:19:23 PM »
Sheri, I will be there mid day Friday I hope. Leaving at day break and have to get thru the Vegas traffic and what ever road work is being done. I still have to get a pass at the gate I guess. I want to talk to you anyway regarding the web page. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline desotoman

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 02:54:45 PM »
Sheri, I will be there mid day Friday I hope. Leaving at day break and have to get thru the Vegas traffic and what ever road work is being done. I still have to get a pass at the gate I guess. I want to talk to you anyway regarding the web page. :cheers:

Glen,

Check you PM's.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Dakzila

• 1956 Triumph cub
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 04:18:16 PM »

Glen,

Coming out of Vegas South bound 15 is free of construction (finally!) except for a mile or so in Barstow where Caltrans is doing some bridge work...no big deal....

Buzz
"Marred by indecision; vision is blurred, confidence deteriorates and progress stagnates."

"It's not about what you did.....It's about what you do!"

"Regret is part of the aging process and should never be confused with failure."

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2009, 04:59:04 PM »
Buzz
Thanks, that should save an hour
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2009, 06:15:46 PM »
I hear there's gonna be a first-time doctor in the house.  Hope he doesn't get his soggy feet all muddy.

Stan

(Or is that a doctor first-timer in the house?)

(A doctor making house calls?)
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

McRat

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2009, 08:06:35 PM »
Bundle up folk, especially if you are running pure water in the cooling systems.  It will go below freezing this weekend.

Got the "A" engine back in and running, but haven't road tested or dyno'd it yet.  Crossing our fingers that it is AOK.  We will baby it the first pass just in case. 

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2009, 08:38:07 PM »

Glen,

Coming out of Vegas South bound 15 is free of construction (finally!) except for a mile or so in Barstow where Caltrans is doing some bridge work...no big deal....

How about the north bound on the return trip??

Buzz
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2009, 09:27:56 PM »
North bound on Sunday is EEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.  :-D Everybody's coming back from Las Vegas going South. Wayno

Offline willieworld

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2009, 10:38:19 PM »
sheri and i are going to do beef stew and french bread --- saturday night after the course walk---we will have a nice fire going and hot coffee---everybodys welcome to come on by---look for the white mailbox
we camp east of the registration trailer along the return road---see ya this weekend
willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline Dakzila

• 1956 Triumph cub
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2009, 11:28:27 AM »

Glen,

How about the north bound on the return trip??

Buzz

From 8 to 5 there's still a small bit of construction going on North bound at Bailey (sp) Road, at the summit, but they always seem to have at least two lanes open, after 5pm it's wide open..  Still some work North bound from Yates Well Road to Primm, but it's minor, no slowing down..

Buzz
"Marred by indecision; vision is blurred, confidence deteriorates and progress stagnates."

"It's not about what you did.....It's about what you do!"

"Regret is part of the aging process and should never be confused with failure."

Offline mkilger

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2009, 11:54:38 AM »
beef stew, count me in, if I dont die from this cold first, hope to feell better be then.

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2009, 05:09:22 PM »
Good luck to all the racers on this last 2009 event!!  Everyone have a safe journey to ElMo and a safe return.  To those of you who will be racing, spectating, or volunteering...Stay safe, Go Fast, Stay Upright!! 

May the "Racing God" keep all of you safe, the weather kind, and the course worthy of your endevours!!!

Good Luck!

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline Bville701

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2009, 05:13:36 PM »
Thanks Lynda!    :cheers:
Ryan LeFevers

701 C/GMR - 216.509 MPH El Mirage Record Holder

El Mirage "Dirty 2" Club Member

Offline willieworld

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2009, 10:33:57 PM »
Thanks Lynda,
Wish you were going to be there. I would have a hot cup of coffee and a bowl of stew promised for you. Getting ready to head out. See ya all there.

Willie and Sheri Buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta