Author Topic: Thanks to All Volunteers  (Read 1507 times)

Offline Dan Stokes

Thanks to All Volunteers
« on: October 26, 2009, 11:54:11 AM »
As you all know, this was a meet with great times - and much sadness.

Still, none of this would be possible without the hard work of our volunteers thruout the year.  While I had to leave on Saturday night (the first time I haven't been there for the whole meet in 3 years or so) the volunteer staff is reported to have continued to work their tails off and made the event happen.  Thanks to all who pitched in.

Dave Maty (some day I'll learn how to spell their whole last name!) had a brainstorm and we ran our first meet with a volunteer schedule in October.  The concept is excellent and, as expected, some refinement to the process will be done based on the experience at this meet.  All volunteers - PLEASE give us your input on potential refinements.

Also - please watch for postings on how to post when and what you would like to do at each meet.  We're working an a way to allow each of you to sign in and enter that info yourself.  I can't tell you how helpful it is to have this info ahead of time so we know that all positions are covered and that everyone can get a break.  We're feeling our way thru this process so please bear with us.

Again, THANKS to ALL for a great season of racing.  I look forward to seeing everyone next season.

Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer