Author Topic: Hot Rod push vehicle  (Read 5562 times)

Offline Pat Kinne / Salt201

• Global Moderator
Re: Hot Rod push vehicle
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2009, 09:27:12 AM »
222 - Nobody will ever forget Carl Heap or the Vescos - ever. If you really believe your crews skill sets match those two teams then have at it. I can just hear Glen making the play by play call. Pat  :-D :-D
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 10:41:13 AM by Pat Kinne / Salt201 »

Offline DallasV

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 09:48:33 AM »
 Rob... everybodys forgeting about Carl Heap and the Phoenix ''unlimited diesel truck'' 285mph. weighed about 14,000 lbs got pushed by a diesel tractor that would go 118mph at the drags [what a sight that was] and Rick Vesco has a fast jeep thats pushed a fast streamliner.Don Vesco 475mph I believe.

JL222

Rick and Don used that jeep for a couple meets, but on the record run they pushed off with an ATV.
Records or parts, I didn't come all this way not to break something.

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2009, 09:59:14 AM »
We weight about 1M# less than you :

but if you had a very weak  spring in you bypass or blow off you should be able to acclerate from 1000 to 1200 with a turbo cam pretty good then when you shift you should be able to start "dialing up your boost---I plan to try to increase my boost torque so that my TE is the same as my lowest gear TE was that I could hook up---as your mechanical mulitiplier decrease whith each gear shift one should try to increase the eng torque to off set---One should strive to KEEP the TE the same!!!!!!!--after each gear change!!!!!!!

We do have a very weak spring in our wastegates which will allow us to accelerate with very little boost but Icewater in the intercooler is not nearly an issue as icewater in the heat exchanger for the radiator. Any power going into accelerating the car heats the coolant water and in retrospect I should have built the car another 6" or 12" longer to fit a bigger tank. But then I would have needed a longer trailer which was not in the budget this year. LOL.
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2009, 01:54:24 PM »
What is the temp of the water coming out ot the intercooler.I am building a new heat exchanger for my two pass radiator and we will be running the cooling water from the intercooler thought the first pass and saving our cool water for the second pass. 

Up untill now we have been running a 2 pass coolant box that encloses a 2 pass radiator  this way we can maximise our heat transfer, by coolest colant to coolest radiator.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 12:01:43 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline dbradley

• New folks
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2009, 03:32:34 PM »
Rex 

TE i=Eng TQ X TR X RA
TQ= eng tourque
TR  = trans ratio
RA = Rear axel ratio

another way of stating it is        FDR X TQ= TE

FDR = Tr X Ra

every  trans gear has a FDR

Man, no one said I'd have to pay attention in those math classes....................... they were SO long ago

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2009, 10:14:52 PM »
Sparky,
We have not been monitoring the water temp back to the icewater tank so I can't answer that yet.
The drag racers have been circulating the used water from the intercooler though the engine and back into the tank thus eliminating the radiator.
I don't know if I like that idea for a five mile run.
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline will6er

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2009, 11:21:50 PM »
Here is an interesting story. If it can be backed up - fine! If not - "Never let the facts get in the way of a good story."

http://flatheadV8.org/RS%20Tales/kennedy.htm

will

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2009, 06:40:43 PM »
Say we do decide to do this and give a mighty push with the 63 LeMans. How will the drag radials hookup on the LeMans for the pushoff? If you think that I will just spin all the way to the release, it probably will not be worth it.
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com