Author Topic: BUB Meet Articles  (Read 2779 times)

Offline wobblywalrus

BUB Meet Articles
« on: October 17, 2009, 12:15:31 PM »
The November Cycle Source magazine is a "Bonneville Special:  Salt Flats Edition."  Lots of coverage:  the BUB meet in general, the women racers, White Beard Racing's Harley, Kiwi Indian's young rider, Wink Eller's E-85 Harley, Satya Krause's "Salt Tracker" Harley, and Matt Steven's Louisiana Harley.  The Stevens bike is a really clean build.  Impressive for a young rider. 

Offline wobblywalrus

Re: BUB Meet Articles
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 12:17:28 AM »
Cycle Source has another "Salt Flats Edition" for 2010.  It the November 2010 Volume 14 Issue 7.  Some general coverage and a few small articles.  In addition, features are an article about California Fritz and his old shovelhead (#49), a beginner's guide to racing based on experience with a Triumph (#712), a story about Mike Sofrante and his knucklehead visiting the salt, and coverage of Alex Wirts and "War Pig," his Evo harley (#288).     

Offline wobblywalrus

Re: BUB Meet Articles
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 09:01:22 PM »
The BUB meet is getting good media coverage.  Motorcycle classics, an American publication, in November/December 2010 (Volume 6 No 2) has a short article and a nice head-on picture of the new Norton on the salt with Alan Cathcart crouched down on the tank.  The Norton is a very nice bike.  Many of the issues that I have spent lots of money solving on my Triumph are not present on the Norton.  I wish I would have started LSR on the Norton, but a person plays the cards they are dealt.  The little Triumph has done me good.  The article give the impression that Norton holds its class record.  They made a very credible record attempt and they had it for a day or so.  Hopefully the Norton will be back next year.   

There is a multi page article in the magazine about the Vincent that Rlooie Free rode in the famous picture, a modified Vincent Black Shadow.