Author Topic: last meet of the year.. whos goin?  (Read 17880 times)

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
Re: last meet of the year.. whos goin?
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2009, 10:13:49 PM »
You going Joe?
I just figured out, my bike isn't going to be ready :|
Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#4836 A-PBF 750cc(complete)
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline RansomT

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2009, 10:14:11 PM »
Nancy and I have a room reserved at the Pine Acres.  But -- will we race bike 439?  Only maybe -- it was showing early signs of tired engine at World Finals, so we might let it rest 'til Todd can freshen it over the next few months - or we might hear Todd tell me to wring its neck and see what it'll do with the Bonneville salt still on it.  Time will tell.  But we intend to be at Maxton.

cluck, cluck, cluck,
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 09:09:06 AM by RansomT »

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2009, 10:48:55 PM »
I am close to ready ... I am going either way ... I have the 1000cc bike if the 1350cc isnt done ...

Offline iamflagman

• Wild Hare Racing
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2009, 05:54:51 PM »
I'll be there and will be donating more $$$$ to the cause, after I just realized that I hadn't put my pre-registration in the mail
JOHN FINN
HOPKINS, SC
1984 VW RABBIT GTI
16V SCIROCCO CONVERSION
G/GSS LAND SPEED RACER
SM SCCA TT / AUTOCROSS
Check out my "WILD HARE RACING" Land Speed Racing Rabbit album at;
http://www.pbase.com/iamflagman/wild_hare_racing_land_speed_racing_rabbit
EAST COAST TIMING ASSOCIATION
I MAY BE GETTING OLDER.............BUT I REFUSE TO GROW UP!!
Shhhh........be vewy, vewy quiet........we are wacing a wabbit!!!!

Offline bak189

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2009, 06:16:18 PM »
Sorry, I will be in Brazil.......if that Visa ever gets here.......looking for Vincent parts??????
Many of the law in S. America used Vincents for patrol duty......they are still laying around.....and also the "spare" engines.........Hey, I may want to build a double engine powered Vincent streamliner....Oh
sorry, that has already been done ...........................................................................................
Question authority.....always

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2009, 06:45:22 PM »
Nancy and I have a room reserved at the Pine Acres.  But -- will we race bike 439?  Only maybe -- it was showing early signs of tired engine at World Finals, so we might let it rest 'til Todd can freshen it over the next few months - or we might hear Todd tell me to wring its neck and see what it'll do with the Bonneville salt still on it.  Time will tell.  But we intend to be at Maxton.

cluck, cluck, cluck,

Where did the graphic go? It was tooooo funny. I was trying to find the appropriate graphical response, which I obviously haven't found yet!  :-D :-D
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2009, 06:47:55 PM »
I think Donna & I will try to go. LOL

Have a safe journey.

You better be there!!!!  :-D  Tell Donna to pack some race legal boots.... just in case! ;) If Nancy & Slim haven't sold the rest of my Bonneville gear and remember to leave it in the trailer to make the journey to maxton I've got the rest covered.

I just looked at some loring pictures & realized Donna wore my boots, so I guess maybe nevermind! If the slim mobile arrives on time with my gear I'll have two sets of boots too.... just in case! ;)

Debbie

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2009, 12:27:03 AM »
I really wanted to be there but neither of the car owners / drivers can make it. I spent sooo much time putting suspension on the Lakester for Maxton and never made it down there this year. LOL! Car is completely ready to go too!
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline joea

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2009, 11:23:19 AM »
Bak.....YOU have some amazing history....and connections world
wide..........THANK YOU for sharing them on here from time to
time.....

the more the better..!!!!!!

Joe :)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2009, 01:03:41 PM »
Deb, the "Slim-mobile" should arrive at Pine Acres by Thursday late afternoon or so.  I'll try to remember to leave your leathers out of it to maximise the inconvenience to you.

I spent this morning with the guy that'll install the outdoor wood boiler at our house, so by the time you and Todd visit in February we'll have plenty of heat on tap.  This pile is about 20 x 18 feet and five or six feet tall.  It's all dried hardwood -- mostly maple.  Think it'll be enough to keep us warm and Nancy dressed in skimpy clothes around the house?  Here are a few shots of the pile:

I still don't know if we'll run the 15R -- haven't preregistered, and need to discuss the bike before we decide to run it down the track.  As for Ransom -- hey, he's no threat!  And if he does somehow manage to wrest the record away from SSS -- hey, we all need at least one appearance of our name in the books, right? 

And finally -- for those of you that were ar WF this year -- do you recognise this red-yellow-green whirly thing?  It usually lives on our front deck -- where it is now.  Good tho have it back at home.

C U Thursday or so.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 05:37:44 PM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2009, 04:55:19 PM »
Just pulled the Vicky back in my shop... The new headers are now on and they sound even meaner than the others... A bit deeper at idle and man does the engine rev better now.   Fixing to start on the pre race inspection process.   I know several of the changes we made are for driver safety and others are for better handling and the headers are for more speed.  I am looking forward to a nice 2/3 throttle  pass to see how the changes feel.

I am over at the Clinton Inn,,, Robbie see you there....

SSS.... Please don't forget my bumper stickers... the trailer needs some stickers !!!!

Charles.
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2009, 05:11:34 PM »
We've got some of the lr.com stickers in our trailer as well. For sale of course or otherwise at Slim's discretion.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2009, 05:27:04 PM »
I've got a good supply of the stickers in the side pockets of the doors on the pickup.  One of my preferred ways of disseminating the stickers is to give out one or two, gratis -- with the request that once the recipient of the sticker looks at the site -- if he likes what he sees he should go to the home page and make a donation. That has worked a bit -- and even if it doesn't bring in a big bunch of money - it helps get folks to look at the site, which, by the way, is doing well.

I'm on the side of a series of comments about how well I'm riding herd on you yay-hoos and how you have taken over the place.  My reaction is this -- that things, while maybe not as mellow as they might be -- are pretty well under control, and the donations keep coming in and there's enough money in the kitty right now to pay the bills for this month.

Have any of you got serious comments about how the site is being run?  Things I should (or should not) do?  Lemme know, please.

By the way, my attempt at migrating the data and photos from the laptop to the big iMac - didn't work this morning.  I'll try again tomorrow.  First things first, though -- I made spaghetti sauce while Nancy was out with a couple of her stud-guys, and now it's time for supper for us -- me cause I'm hungry, she 'cause she needs to replenish her stock of energy.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline RansomT

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2009, 08:59:53 AM »

cluck, cluck, cluck,

Where did the graphic go? It was tooooo funny. I was trying to find the appropriate graphical response, which I obviously haven't found yet!  :-D :-D
Well, I thought about it for awhile and deleted it.  At the time I thought it might be "over the top" and I wanted the rivalry to be more civilized.  But since Jon made his most recent comment, I might just put it back …    :-D

Offline relaxedfit

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2009, 07:30:17 PM »
Steve/Luke/Seth..Is the red Camaro returning this meet? A young guy at work (just married) sold his Z28 and is jonesing for some photos. The camera is packed--think of the kids.
Later
Ken Presson
Having nothing to do in shutdown is our goal