Author Topic: 50 cc streamliners  (Read 2732 times)

Offline Viking Biker

• New folks
    • www.ericksonracing.com
50 cc streamliners
« on: June 29, 2004, 10:51:00 PM »
I am in the middle of building a 50 cc motorcycle streamliner and I am curious of what is out there. Pictures, colors, names of those involved, speeds achieved etc.

From what I have seen/heard/googled there are about 6 out their. The Nebulus Theorem, a Purple bike in California, a yellow bike, a red bike, the Boeing Employes club bike, and an Austrailian team named Lizzard Racing.  Links to pictures would be especially appreciated.

Thanks,
 Jason
 50 cc streamliner, at the moment nameless.

<small>[ June 30, 2004, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: Viking Biker ]</small>

Offline hawkwind

Re: 50 cc streamliners
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2004, 04:38:00 AM »
there is a expat (yank) over here who is building a 50cc streamliner to race at Lake Gairdner , and he has some excellent ideas to try out , mostly from human powered bicycle LSR attempts ,especially  the FF (feet forward ) teams
 Hawkwind
slower than most

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2004, 05:03:00 PM »
Viking Biker,
 Buy the book, "The Leading Edge" by Goro Tamai, $46 at the Auto Book Store in Burbank. It is about streamlining on solar powered cars and it has a ton of information on making cars (and bikes)with limited hp go fast. It will give you a ton of great ideas. I am designing an IG lakester pretty much based upon this book. You can make bigger gains by proper streamlining than by pouring money into engine work. You still need as much hp as you can get from 50ccs but the streamlining gains can be more productive.
 Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 05:05:00 PM »
Viking Biker,
 Buy the book, "The Leading Edge" by Goro Tamai, $46 at the Auto Book Store in Burbank. It is about streamlining on solar powered cars and it has a ton of information on making cars (and bikes)with limited hp go fast. It will give you a ton of great ideas. I am designing an IG lakester pretty much based upon this book. You can make bigger gains by proper streamlining than by pouring money into engine work. You still need as much hp as you can get from 50ccs but the streamlining gains can be more productive.
 Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline Viking Biker

• New folks
    • www.ericksonracing.com
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2004, 09:56:00 PM »
Scott, I am aware of the NSU effort...seen some great photos in various books like you mentioned.

Hawkwind, any more details? I also come from a HPV background. Over 80mph on .5 hp is amazing.

Rex, Thanks for the tip. I have owned the book since it was published and have read it many times!

I saw some pictures of the Kritler(sp?) bike, does anybody have any information on that one?

Thanks,
 Jason
 50 cc streamliner, at the moment non-existant