Author Topic: Help find a friends stolen race car  (Read 3625 times)

Offline iamflagman

• Wild Hare Racing
Help find a friends stolen race car
« on: October 10, 2009, 04:10:31 PM »
We all have either had something stolen from us, or know someone who has, so I'm posting this for my friend Rich Hoffman, he has done all of my chassis and major engine work for my old Super Vee and now my LSR Wabbit, it was only two weeks ago that we were at Darlington Raceway for the 2009 Darlington Historic Racing Festival, where Rich had been competing in this car and where I got to drive his Super Modified, just a couple of days ago over lunch Rich and I had talked about how much fun we had and now this happens, what a big letdown it has been, so if anybody comes up with any information please give Rich a call. If you can post this message on another forum please do that for Rich.

This 1966 Culbert Automotive Engineering (CAE) Sprint Car and enclosed trailer was stolen from the locked fenced in yard at Import Specialties 2100 Rosewood Dr. Columbia, SC the evening of October 8, 2009. The race car and equipment was stored inside of a also stolen 2007 LA CARGO "FREEDOM" 7x16 foot Enclosed Trailer, Serial #5TTBE16277D001946, white in color, equipped with tandem axles, a walk in door on the curb side and a ramp/door on the back, it may have some damage on the right side . THERE IS A REWARD. Contact Rich Hoffman at 803-799-2686, 803-799-4401, 803-467-8086

JOHN FINN
HOPKINS, SC
1984 VW RABBIT GTI
16V SCIROCCO CONVERSION
G/GSS LAND SPEED RACER
SM SCCA TT / AUTOCROSS
Check out my "WILD HARE RACING" Land Speed Racing Rabbit album at;
http://www.pbase.com/iamflagman/wild_hare_racing_land_speed_racing_rabbit
EAST COAST TIMING ASSOCIATION
I MAY BE GETTING OLDER.............BUT I REFUSE TO GROW UP!!
Shhhh........be vewy, vewy quiet........we are wacing a wabbit!!!!

06EvoRS4G/PS

Re: Help find a friends stolen race car
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 11:45:46 AM »
I'll post this up in Indy.

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 11:48:54 AM »
 :-(  That kind of stuff REAlly pizzes me off!   I hope they find the thief's and use them for burn-out pads!  Good luck in finding the car!    Crow.
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline Freud

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 12:42:33 PM »
With the number of trailers and cars that get stolen, LoJack may be a realistic solution on EVERY race car trailer.

FREUD
Since '63