Author Topic: Unexpected Interruption Ahead!  (Read 6606 times)

Offline Peter Jack

Re: Unexpected Interruption Ahead!
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2009, 09:55:23 AM »
YAHOO!!!! Life returns. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Pete

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2009, 10:01:29 AM »
Boy I'll tell ya, we are a pathetic bunch.

At least the nervous glances as I realize there is a world out there will stop.

So, what about land speed racing!  :cheers:
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2009, 11:01:18 AM »
I started missing it yesterday morning then we had a big wildfire go through the back of the yard at our business so I was pretty busy moving RV's away from the fire and then getting evacuated. Luckily I only lost a pallet with a bunch of car parts on it. Scary s#it. Makes you think about how good your shop insurance is.
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 12:15:59 PM »
Me too!! Usually I cant get any work done from trolling around on the website, this time couldnt get anything done seeing if it was back. My Hayabusa site went down about the same time as this. :cry: Seriously jonesing!! :-P

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

McRat

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, 01:14:27 PM »
What appeared to have happened was there were "paths" hard-coded into certain PHP files and HTML pages that screwed up the transfer at first.  It went to go find files, and was pointed in the wrong direction, kinda like asking directions from Abu at 7-11.   I got edjumacated on that when we switched over to another ISP.  We had to manually hunt through all the files (hundreds of them) and change them.

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2009, 01:38:52 PM »
Ah, you don't realize how big your web site is until you have to fix broken links. You will probably be fixing them for another month or so.

It's important that anyone that finds a broken link e-mail it to the web master so that they can fix it.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2009, 03:29:08 PM »
Hey -- we're back from the dark part of the world -- the North Rim of the Grand Canyon -- where there was no service for internet or cellphones.  And with our return comes some good news.  First of all -- here's the text of a message from Dan at the company that hosts the site.  This is what notice I got a few days ago:

"Some time ago we partnered with a certain datacenter, which was stable, reputable, and had a long track record. After this economic storm hit, the company ran into a lot of trouble. We had already known there were internal issues, and started to move our entire network to another datacenter.

Unfortunately, we still have a few systems with the old provider - and they have now given us notice that we have until Sept. 30 to get everything out before they close.

So we will end up having to bite the bullet and eat a little down time while the changes take place and propagate. It will take anywhere from 2 to 48 hours.

The good news is you will have a high-level, fully redundant computing platform that will outperform this server by roughly 5:1.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for your business."

And so now that Nancy and I have telephone again I just got off the line with Dan, and he explained about how all 29 of the sites he was hosting using this datacenter were farkled.  As I remember -- he hosts the Hayabusa site, too.  And so now that things are doing better -- he took the time to explain that the NEW datacenter is a "cloud" center -- so shouldn't be subject to this kind of outage in the future (yeah, we'll see, hey?).

So Dan and Bob Clancy have got stuff done, like putting up the little fake page that at least lets you get to the Forum.  And when Bob gets home form his day job this afternoon he and Dan will work on getting the rest of the site back in order. 

And sooner or later they'll get around to finishing up getting email working for Nancy and me again -- which is through our own site (nancyandjon.org) and has password and other issues to resolve.

So - it's getting all better and we'll be back in time for World Finals, they promise.  Dang -- one of you had the right idea, that with the site off the air I could concentrate better on Nancy's next record attempts.  Oh, well, I'll concentrate on other things about Nancy instead.  Did I tell you we're going to the "Biggest Tattoo Show of Earth" in Las Vegas tomorrow?  Gotta get some new ideas for her.  Visit http://www.tattooexpo09.com/ and see all about it.

Finally -- thanks for hanging in there with us.  We'll see you on the salt.

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com