Author Topic: Fuel shut off?  (Read 3034 times)

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
Fuel shut off?
« on: September 24, 2009, 11:13:40 PM »
Building a AA Blown Gas Lakester. Using electronic fuel injection but a belt driven pump. Do we still need a fuel shut off valve? Where can I get a cable actuated one if i need one? Will a large normally closed solenoid be legal and okay?
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
Re: Fuel shut off?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 11:33:48 PM »
Building a AA Blown Gas Lakester. Using electronic fuel injection but a belt driven pump. Do we still need a fuel shut off valve? Where can I get a cable actuated one if i need one? Will a large normally closed solenoid be legal and okay?

Yes you will still need a fuel shut off.

Where can I get a cable actuated one if i need one?

Any major cable manufacturer will be able to help. Control Cables is in the SCTA rule book for starters.
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 11:54:33 PM »
Solenoid okay?
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 01:54:12 PM »
Mechanical shut off is required
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 04:55:45 PM »
The company listed in the rule book made mine. It was installed as a push with an over center spring to keep it in position. Under high pressure it would not shut off so I made it a pull and the problem was solved.

You can call Steve Davies about the solenoid. They may treat it like an electrical solenoid for parachute actuation. It's OK but you need a mechanical override. That's the way I would do it. Acuate both the solenoid and manual valve during inspection Good Luck.
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 09:28:05 PM »
The company listed in the rule book made mine. It was installed as a push with an over center spring to keep it in position. Under high pressure it would not shut off so I made it a pull and the problem was solved.

You can call Steve Davies about the solenoid. They may treat it like an electrical solenoid for parachute actuation. It's OK but you need a mechanical override. That's the way I would do it. Acuate both the solenoid and manual valve during inspection Good Luck.

Thanks, could you please pm me with the contact info for the guy that is in the rule book.
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com