Author Topic: Czech it out Becks avin a go  (Read 12031 times)

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
Czech it out Becks avin a go
« on: September 24, 2009, 02:07:44 PM »
Well here we go again after a great trip to the salt this year my Wife "Beck" has decided that she would like to have a go,Myself I think its a great idea she has not ridden a bike in a few years but at least it means I will be getting chased into the garage to work on the bikes rather than getting bollocked for never being around or spending too much time and money on them!!

There aint too much to show yet but this is the weapon of choice a 884 Sloper Jawa with methanol carb it also has a Ducati monster cantilever rear end and wheel arriving soon,Oh do I love Ebay.....
I do like those units neat, light, and so easy to set up.

We move in the next few weeks to a new house with a garage so that means it wont be a fifty mile trip every time i want to work on the bike so everything is looking cushdy,

Hope I can fit in the tuning on my CBR and the building of the V twin in time for 2012!

Cheers Oz

« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 02:09:25 PM by oz »
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: Czech it out Becks avin a go
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 03:06:43 PM »
OZ,

Congrats on the new engine and future build..what did your bike run at the Bubs meet?

J

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 03:14:24 PM »
We couldnt stay for BUB no more time of work and no more Nitrous or Funds we are saving for 2012 though might have to stay for a whole month.
The Engine was way under powered but the Chassis was great it just handled beautifully.
As Tim the toolman says arh arh arh MORE POWER!!! and we will do our best to bring it next time.
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline jdincau

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 03:37:59 PM »
where did you get the sign in the picture?
Unless it's crazy, ambitious and delusional, it's not worth our time!

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 03:38:38 PM »
Great engine.  Good luck with the new house and build.   Heres and idea for the build.  Love this bike.

By weslake at 2009-08-20
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline Becks

• New folks
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 02:48:46 PM »
We picked this (and some other signs) up from some firefighters that were also running at Bonneville and staying at the same campsite as us... you can find them at www.pasttimesigns.com
Real nice guys, but you'll miss out on the beer they gave us!
They can also do some cool digital stuff and put your vehicle in the sign!
Bye for now oz & becks
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 02:50:19 PM by Becks »

Offline guttley782

• http://www.angelicbulldog.org.uk
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 03:32:22 PM »
That is GOOD news Oz!
An eccentric Englishman building a motorcycle streamliner with the help of a few friends!

Offline coloradodave

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 11:49:17 PM »
We were in line with that bike in the special coarse this year, very very cool thumper, I still have some hearing loss from it.
Anybody hear how fast it went?

Dave
No regrets

Offline JimL

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 01:44:05 AM »
This will be a fun project to watch!

...of course, you already know how much I like the "different" stuff.

Keep us posted!
JimL

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 11:43:57 AM »
Cheers Jim and congratulations its a shame we missed each other on the salt would have been nice to have a chat.
more pics soon everything is in boxes as we get ready for the move.
TTFN Oz

Offline Freud

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 12:11:09 PM »
Makes more sense oriented this way.

You hooked me with the name of the company that made this sign.

I'll buy a sign instead of a Halloween costume.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 02:38:53 PM »
Freud, you always wear the same costume for Halloween anyway... and that one scares small children as well as adults....  :roll:  I've seen you wearing it at the 6.... and it sure scared me.....  :-o although it might need ironing for this year....  :-D
 :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2009, 05:45:26 PM »
Freud, you always wear the same costume for Halloween anyway... and that one scares small children as well as adults....  :roll:  I've seen you wearing it at the 6.... and it sure scared me.....  :-o although it might need more ironing for this year....  :-D
 :cheers:

Fixed it... :wink:

Offline Becks

• New folks
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2009, 05:22:37 PM »
Becks here... some time since the last post, but we have (finally) moved house YAY!!! Oz now has a garage and I have a garden - joy! The garage is just long enough to get a full length of frame tube in (21') with enough room to move around and cut it.
The Jawa is on the bench (see photos) - so far we have an engine, carb and swinging arm... sprocket carrier and gear box are next on the shopping list.
It's been a busy few weeks, but we're getting there now... the CBR that went toBonneville this year is in the front room still shedding salt and work will start again on that in the spring. Here's to a short winter!
Becks

« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 05:27:39 PM by Becks »

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2009, 12:14:47 PM »
The project took a little step further in the right direction today with the arrival of a fully re conditioned FXR 5 speed box of Ebay for a measly 300 quid, Bargain i reckon so the mock up is starting to look good.

Hopefully tommorow the Eaton blower should turn up and then we can make a start at mounting the three units together,It looks like the whole thing is going to be around 15 inches wide and maybe 26 inches high if i can figure out a way to make some real short forks either leading link or centre hub i aint decided which yet, The frame however will have to wait until the garage is re wired i dont think it is upto the draw of the welder.
TTFN Oz