Author Topic: Sheckles for Slim  (Read 3030 times)

Offline smitty2

• Worlds fastest miniature Pachyderm.
Sheckles for Slim
« on: September 24, 2009, 10:30:36 AM »
Hey Slim! Thanks for the running reports on the Shootout! We aren't getting any work done here in the office, because we keep checking out the action :-D
I PayPal'ed you a couple of bucks. Hope that Etheopian Prince wires me my cut from the trust fund he has me taking care of.
 I'll send more as soon as my wife's not looking.

Smitty    :cheers:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Sheckles for Slim
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 11:13:52 AM »
Oh, Mr. Smitty, Sir, I thank you for the donation.  I've been receiving them now and then during each day of this event, and I've been trying to keep up with my thank-yous.  If you sent and I didn't respond yet -- please don't be afraid to email or PM or post that you want to know if the $$$ got here (to the Paypal, that is).  I appreciate the support that you're giving Nancy and me so we can give you this kind of coverage of land speed racing events.

Now if I can ever figure out all the stuff I need -- you'll have streaming audio of the radio chatter and maybe some commentary, too.  But that's still a dream of mine. . .  Someday.

PS  It's spelled "shekels", not sheckels.  Thanks anyway.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline smitty2

• Worlds fastest miniature Pachyderm.
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 02:54:23 PM »
Shekels shmekels...  Okay Jon, you and Nancy are doing a great job!

Live long and make sure you spay and neuter your pets :wink:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 06:37:12 PM »
Unh, I gotta apologize for what I'm about to do -- that is, there've been a bunch of Paypal donations recently and I've fallen behind in thanking those folks that have sent money in that manner.  So -- here's a list of the kind people that have helped pay the bills on the site -- in exchange for whatever value they've received from looking at the site.  I thank them each very much -- and you should, too -- because they're the folks that are paying for the ongoing bills.  They're not the only ones -- some people hand me a buck or five or more at an event, some send a check, etc, etc.

I'll re-offer my standing offer - that maybe some of you haven't noticed.  If you'll send me a $20 donation AND YOUR ADDRESS -- I'll send you a couple of landracing.com bumper stickers.  If you send $50 AND YOUR SIZE AND ADDRESS I'll send you a landracing.com t-shirt -- maybe a couple of 'em if you request a size I've got plenty of.  If you send more than $50 -- let me know how I can reward you for your kind donation.

As I mentioned recently -- I'm trying to keep thenumber of paid advertisers on this site to a minimum.  I've gotta have a few, to make sure I've got income coming in regularly -- but donations are the real lifeblood.  About the ads -- please at least visit the advertisers websites, whether you buy or not.  If you find something you need or want, and do decide to buy it from them -- please let them know you saw the ad on landracing.com.  They'll be happy, and they'll continue to keep the need for my begging to a minimum.

In the meantime -- recent Paypal donors have included:

Bo Miller, Peter Jack, Neil Diggens, Bob Beatty, Graham Hatfield, David Hosley, Bill Huff, timothy Boyle, Fred Vance, the very Famous Freud, Thomas Doll, and Geoff Green. 
If you did and I didn't mention you here (or on the home page of the site)  --  let me know and I'll find the receipt and acknowledge your kind gift.  And remember -- send an address and we'll send you a physical thank you (no, Nancy won't show up at your home or office with a hug and a display of her tattoos, but you're welcome to dream on).

Best regards, and I hope I can continue giving you good information about land speed racing.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 07:48:15 PM »
How about a hug from Nancy this week. :-D

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 07:54:40 PM »
Fred, if she's successful in bumping her record another three miles per hour -- you're likely to get a hug -- maybe without a donation.  But you'll have to be there when she gets the red hat she's chasing.  I won't object one bit -- I'll be so danged happy for her!  Are you in Wendover yet?  I remember seeing you were leaving Texas the other day.  It's still cloudy and cool and there're a few clouds in the northwestern sky -- but no rain.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 08:00:32 PM »
I'm here, Wendover, got here about 2pm.
I'm pulling for Nancy to get her "Hat", and not just for the hug. :wink: When she gets it I want to be there.

Fred
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 01:38:41 AM »
Fred,

if she gets her Red hat you can take my place in the "hug line" as we cannot make it to this event.

John

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 08:34:38 AM »
John, first you give me a red hat, now your place in the hug line. You have now established a precedence of giveing me something of great value when you are not at a Bonneville event and I am. You are going to have to make the meets next year or, well we will see.  :-D

Fred
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH