Author Topic: Building a car for the mile  (Read 46183 times)

Offline 1 fast evo 2

Re: Building a car for the mile
« Reply #150 on: August 09, 2010, 08:05:12 PM »
How's the truck Mike?
Is it ready for Maxton soon?
E.C.T.A. 200 MPH club
Winner HOTROD TOPSPEED CHALLENGE (superstreet) 2008
My EVO 2 - 8.96@158 mph in the 1/4
221.4 mph at Maxton sept. 08
223.6 mph at the Texas mile oct. 08
237.6 mph at Maxton april 2010

Offline tedgram

« Reply #151 on: August 09, 2010, 10:55:12 PM »
How's the truck Mike?
How much damage did you find in your engine after Loring? Have put a few rods through the block, so to speak myself. Hopefully it was limited to the top end. Thanks for the advice.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 10:57:31 PM by tedgram »

Offline LSR Mike

• First Pass-June 25, 2000; Muroc Dry Lake
    • Mike & Paula's Site
« Reply #152 on: August 10, 2010, 09:32:48 AM »
How's the truck Mike?

I put the flexplate on backwards, starter doesn't engage, gotta pull the whole thing back out and turn it over. what a PITA.

Plans are for World Finals in October.
Mike M.
BNI/ECTA
ECTA Record Holder/Former Bonneville Record Holder

Offline Johntsi

« Reply #153 on: May 28, 2011, 08:39:16 AM »
Took the car to the track last night to try to get it down the track for a full clean pass, unfortunately I left the laptop at home so I could not turn the power all the way up and the track was junk but did get closer to making a full pass.

First pass off the trailer got to aggressive with the launch spun hard, then when the car went into 4th and across the 1/8 mile car spun badly and went toward the wall so I lifted corrected and got back in it but it had fell so far out of boost it barely made it by the time I crossed the line.

1.7 60''
6.4@124.6 1/8 mile
10.0@144.1 1/4 mile

Had I just breathed and not lifted first pass off the trailer tonight would have been a solid 9. Best I can tell boost was in the mid 30s.

Unfortunately track was packed so I watched 70 or so street cars tear up the surface and put water all over the place before I could try again. Left with a little less boost but spun again, and then the show started. Car ran hard left and touched the center line, I lifted and shifted then it ran hard right, I lifted and shifted and it ran hard left again, once in 4th I was just sawing the steering wheel back and forth the rest of the run. Track guys wanted to tech the car because it was all over the place, after they did I decided it better to bring it home and change some things and wait for a better prepped track before I hurt myself the car or someone else. With all the lifting and crap car went...

1.61 60'
6.6@106.8 1/8 mile
10.1@148.3 1/4 mile

Gonna put in some active toe eliminators, replace a couple bushings that are not urethane in the rear and perhaps a new set of slicks and lower tire pressure. May try some Hoosiers for more contact patch as well.

Overall I am happy, car didn't break and I can try again with a few changes later and have a lot more boost to throw at it.

Hope to finish this thing up to make a race at Maxton before the ECTA moves and I have to drive across the country to race.

Offline LSR Mike

• First Pass-June 25, 2000; Muroc Dry Lake
    • Mike & Paula's Site
« Reply #154 on: July 04, 2011, 08:43:55 AM »
Finally got that thing off the Dyno... at least at Maxton you won't have to kill yourself with the hard shifting and such, and the track is a bit wider, did the Tech guys give you any "suggestions"?
Mike M.
BNI/ECTA
ECTA Record Holder/Former Bonneville Record Holder

Offline Johntsi

« Reply #155 on: July 04, 2011, 08:58:04 AM »
Yeah went back to the track a week later, only made one pass due to the heat, lifter twice after the 1/8 and still went a 9.7@149. Hoping to do some more testing at rockingham today with the new rear suspension changes. 

Offline Johntsi

« Reply #156 on: July 17, 2011, 11:31:02 PM »
Well went back to the track again today, and after waiting 6 hours to get the tree working and watching 4 hours of pinks style arm drop racing got to make 1 pass. Fuel sloshing issue killed me again as pickup sucked air and shut the car down at the top of 2nd and 3rd also lifted when it got loose for a second on the big end. Eighth mile MPH showed promise though I botched the launch.

1.700 60'
4.658 330'
6.655@131.7!
9.797@156.37

Car hit the wall after that and we didn't get any more passes. One clean pass and this thing will really move!

Fuel cell install this week!