Author Topic: Loring 2010  (Read 83235 times)

Offline MiltonP

Re: Loring 2010
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2010, 12:09:52 PM »
I sure will be glad when the season gets going and we have new records to debate because the last page or so of this thread is making me sick.  I was there.  While Loring was a first time event, it had a lot of support form the ECTA as far as tech inspections, administration, record keeping and running operations.  A majority of the vehicles that were there also ran at Maxton and elsewhere and I seriously doubt any of those racers swapped in illegal motors to set unbreakable records at Loring.  I am thinking most were looking forward to see what they would run at that venue with the extra 1/2 mile to work. 

There were some first timers to the sport from the region and yes some of those vehicles were geared more to their local drag strip's rules but from what I saw they were properly tech'd to appropriate speed limits and if those were broken they were told to stop running and I believe the plan was that the run would be eliminated from the records.  All that said, I think the speed increases seen from the Maxton crowd were pretty consistent but I haven't scanned all the runs to see if something outrageous stands out.  I picked up 12 mph with my only change being a rear sprocket to take advantage of the length and conditions.

I have to say that I think I am smelling a little sour grapes out there that this new venue is also the one with the top speed 'records.'  I say "live with it' since each venue has its own unique characteristics.  If you can't live with it show up this year and beat the 'record' or build yourself a 2.5 mile plus venue and invite us out.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2010, 12:22:09 PM »
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2010, 05:33:49 PM »
To all of those of you that are completely supportive of the LTA , we thank you.
To those that aren't, we are working on converting you. 
With the usual help, actually rescue,again, by Donna and Joe Timney and their personal Kemosabe Debbie Dross, we should have the Rulebooks WITH the records and 200 club in it and ready shortly, very likely  for the ECTA first event. One of the delays is in trying to include paid advertisers in the book, as some of them need approval from national HQ.  If they are not ready, we will print it without the ads and only charge a $27 surcharge over the usual price, OK ?
I'm kidding only on the last line, really.
Also trying to run a private event end of April up there, last days before the birds arrive deal. Kind of a fact finder to see what it is  like then. Like 40 degrees all day, Wunderground says.
Hang in there, this year will be really something...
Bob The Converter , W

Offline bearingburner

« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2010, 08:11:37 PM »
How much snow on the track now?

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2010, 09:51:44 PM »
Snow= none....very mild winter up there this year. Considering last year they had record cold, 47 below,and the previous year they had record snow ,like 200 inches, this year has been positively balmy. All has to do with weather patterns, as in this year they've been all down southern half of the US.
BW

Offline tedgram

« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2010, 10:52:58 PM »
 Frost is out of the ground here on the Northern coast. Nicest Winter in memory. We are having April weather right now, but it can always change.

Offline RansomT

« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2010, 09:13:22 AM »
Snow= none....very mild winter up there this year. Considering last year they had record cold, 47 below,and the previous year they had record snow ,like 200 inches, this year has been positively balmy. All has to do with weather patterns, as in this year they've been all down southern half of the US.
BW

Yes, you can say that again.   I've got most of the LSR event locations on my iPhone weather.  Many, many weeks this winter showed colder and snowier here in Kentucky than in Loring or Wendover.

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2010, 09:28:12 PM »
Just got my Room Confirmed at the New Hampton Inn... Arrive Thursday and Depart Sunday (unless we can run on Monday ??

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline tedgram

« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2010, 07:16:47 PM »
  55 degrees in Caribou today. Have a room reservation at the THE PRESQUE ISLE INN.  THE CARIBOU INN is full.

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2010, 11:04:48 AM »
BULLETIN !!!!!
Got a phone call from our Maine Man Mark Trackside,even.
Seems the nearby Spud Speedway, a long time west side of the airport dirt track resident is staging a mini concert Saturday night of our weekend. 
They are bringing up "Three Doors Down" to entertain on site at their venue.
Good News is Sat night entertainment, bad news might be availability of rooms for any of you that have not reserved anything. Caribou Inn long sold out, go to Presque Isle Hampton Inn or the Presque Isle Conf Center, sister to the Caribou. We are again checking out at least one more local lodger,will report  back on our findings. 
Oh yeah, LTA attendees get a discount to the concert, show'em your wristband .
Or attend the Asphalt Talks at the Caribou like last year. Be a social Butterfly, do both !
 The Spuddites just passed on this news, not even fully announced on their website.
Race and Rock !
Bob W

Offline 1 fast evo 2

« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2010, 09:19:52 PM »
I just talked to the Hampton inn  in presque and all the rooms that where in the block with the racers discount have been sold.
E.C.T.A. 200 MPH club
Winner HOTROD TOPSPEED CHALLENGE (superstreet) 2008
My EVO 2 - 8.96@158 mph in the 1/4
221.4 mph at Maxton sept. 08
223.6 mph at the Texas mile oct. 08
237.6 mph at Maxton april 2010

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #101 on: March 19, 2010, 11:17:53 PM »
They,the Hamton Inn, only "blocked off" 20 rms for the LTA. They have a "wedding with 40 rms" also that weekend, "wish to keep the rest open". Those are available at the regular price , unless you have a AARP, AAA, or similar discount.
As I said,we are investigating one other large place,will report on that shortly.
BOB W

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2010, 05:20:34 PM »
Guess I got that last room at the Hampton yesterday. Sorry, but I am sure glad i got around to it in time!   :cheers:

Offline bearingburner

« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2010, 08:01:21 PM »
I got a room tonight at the Crown Park Inn in Caribou.

Offline RansomT

« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2010, 08:59:59 AM »
With a lot of the hotel rooms already booked, looks like its a good time to start accepting pre-registrations.   :-D