Author Topic: El Mirage, September 2009  (Read 50813 times)

Offline Papi

Re: El Mirage, September 2009
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2009, 09:34:16 PM »
I ran my first Rookie passes there this weekend.
First and foremost, I want to thank John Noonan for all his help on the phone, emails and PM's getting me to El Mirage and my first SCTA event.
Thank you John, you helped me get over the edge I needed with the bazillion questions. Your a great mentor and a great racer.

For those of you interested, I have chronicled my experience Here: http://www.southbayriders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83989

Next, a sincere thank you to SDRC. Every member I met was very helpful, concerned to make absolutely sure I ran Safe and enjoyed my time out on the lake bed.

Last but not least, I want to thank the members of this forum who helped out with advice as well, and the folks of SCTA who helped this Rookie make safe and fast passes.

Since it was my first time out, I had to do E to C Categories. My speeds were:
129.561MPH in Round 1, 147.611MPH in Round 2, 157.351MPH in Round 3
I believe I was the second to last to run before the shut down the course.

I am looking forward to Bonneville to run as a Rookie there Oct 7-10, and return to El Mirage Oct. 25 to go after my Category B License.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 09:49:54 PM by Papi »
Steve "Papi" Chappell, SCTA-BNI #2230 to 2239
Dirty 2 Club Member, Mojave Mile 2 Club Member
San Diego Roadster Club

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2009, 11:31:08 PM »
good job Papi...now go wash off that nasty dirt..... if i do my math right 7 of the 21 records set were SDRC members or somethin like 30%.... is that right?... any beer grinder or snake racer wanna correct my math?...... SDRC RULES!!!!!
love
kent

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2009, 11:33:19 PM »
I ran my first Rookie passes there this weekend.
First and foremost, I want to thank John Noonan for all his help on the phone, emails and PM's getting me to El Mirage and my first SCTA event.
Thank you John, you helped me get over the edge I needed with the bazillion questions. Your a great mentor and a great racer.

For those of you interested, I have chronicled my experience Here: http://www.southbayriders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83989

Next, a sincere thank you to SDRC. Every member I met was very helpful, concerned to make absolutely sure I ran Safe and enjoyed my time out on the lake bed.

Last but not least, I want to thank the members of this forum who helped out with advice as well, and the folks of SCTA who helped this Rookie make safe and fast passes.

Since it was my first time out, I had to do E to C Categories. My speeds were:
129.561MPH in Round 1, 147.611MPH in Round 2, 157.351MPH in Round 3
I believe I was the second to last to run before the shut down the course.

I am looking forward to Bonneville to run as a Rookie there Oct 7-10, and return to El Mirage Oct. 25 to go after my Category B License.

Very nice write up on SBR and you picked the right guy in the SDRC to help you out with racing a bike. He has helped me out quite a bit, along with the rest of the SDRC. Congrats on a safe and successful trip.

Scott

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2009, 11:24:53 AM »
Kent, the Gear Grinders set 7 records as well, don't trip over your lower lip. Don't want you sounding like your brotherr Kaz.
 :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2009, 11:49:20 AM »
Kent, the Gear Grinders set 7 records as well, don't trip over your lower lip. Don't want you sounding like your brotherr Kaz.
 :cheers:

Not at the last event...you are confusing the Top 25 overall...

GG's only set two records..

Records

'Red' indicates 'Certified' Record, otherwise the record certification is pending.
Vehicle    Engine    Body    Entry Name    Club    Name    Speed    Record    Pts
2    H         BGR        Eyres Moreland Noonan    SDRC    Russ Eyres    154.772    135.000    244
69    XF        PP         Lattin & Gillette Anderson    SDRC    Rich  Anderson    109.762    105.000    229
112    V4F       BSTR       So What Speed Shop    Milers    Irene Hanchard    109.452    108.832    225
132    XF        BGS        Eric Hansson    Rod Riders    Erik Hansson    195.052    191.673    228
208    H         STR        Lattin Gillette Moreland Eyres    SDRC    Bill Lattin    124.272    120.000    229
246    XF        BSTR       Mariani Farms    Rod Riders    Dennis Mariani    155.094    155.000    225
551    F         FCC        Donnie Hicks    Rod Riders    Donnie Hicks    160.629    159.032    226
598    C         GMS        Thunder Racing    LSR    Mike Cook    214.816    213.909    225
675    XXO       FCC        Harris & Wester    Road Runners    Richard Ross    172.143    170.000    227
760    K         BGL        Team McLeish Bros.    Gear Grinders    Derek McLeish    138.185    133.233    229
788    F         GS         Costella Yacoucci + Pappas + Stevens    Super Fours    Rick Yacoucci    201.895    191.670    235
831    V4        VGCC       Aardema Eyres Braun    SDRC    Scott Goetz    148.651    146.223    227
1807    F         P/MP       Steve's Machine    Milers    Peter Shotrosky    135.145    126.338    233
2132    F         BGCC       Hondata RSX    Rod Riders    Daniel Butler    193.750    170.000    248
4240    G         GCC        Hondata CRX    Rod Riders    Miriam Macmillan    164.010    156.033    232
9999    H         BGL        Rice / Vigeant Racing    Gear Grinders    Mark Vigeant    195.560    191.422    229
1B        1000CC    SC-BG      Noonan / Moreland    SDRC    John Noonan    177.198    175.446    226
414B      350CC     A-VF       Junior Speed Scout    SDRC    Jill Iverson    103.985    102.348    226
1199B     1000CC    P-P        Jeff Tobey    Rod Riders    Jeff Tobey    185.400    183.699    226
4949B     125CC     SCS-G      Buddenbaum Fabrication    SDRC    Eric Noyes    133.249    114.810    243
7919B     500CC     SC-PG      Screwball    Road Runners    Bill Anderson    122.240    111.590    235

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2009, 12:31:41 PM »
John, you are correct Guess I was scanning to fast. OK thats one for you so I won't call you KAZ the 2nd.
At least Kent can gouge me on this one.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Papi

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2009, 02:23:20 PM »
What is up with this "Kaz" character you guys keep on about?  :?
Is it Kaz like Spaz, or Kaz like Cause?
Steve "Papi" Chappell, SCTA-BNI #2230 to 2239
Dirty 2 Club Member, Mojave Mile 2 Club Member
San Diego Roadster Club

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2009, 02:50:03 PM »
What is up with this "Kaz" character you guys keep on about?  :?
Is it Kaz like Spaz, or Kaz like Cause?

YES... :wink:

Offline willieworld

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2009, 02:57:41 PM »
i think that most of us that post on this forum should go back and read the forum rules

This free forum exists to facilitate civil discussions and debates. Condescending, rude, and annoying remarks and insults will not be tolerated.

You also agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law.

Any violation of these rules set forth can lead to a suspended account and/or deletion from the forums. There will be no discussion on the suspended or banned accounts on the forums. The owner and the forum moderators have final say.

LANDRACING.COM RETAINS THE RIGHT TO MONITOR POSTED INFORMATION AND REMOVE MESSAGES OR MATERIALS THAT IT BELIEVES ARE NOT IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE LAND SPEED RACING COMMUNITY OR IF THE INFORMATION IS DEGRADING TO THE REPUTATION OF LANDRACING.COM OR ITS MEMBERS.

Participants shall exercise both common sense and courtesy when transmitting messages. Remember your postings on Landracing.com reflect on you, the owner of the website, the website and the Land Speed Racing community.

You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.

Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this forum's owner. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.

You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.

You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another person except an administrator, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another person's account for any reason.  We also HIGHLY recommend you use a complex and unique password for your account, to prevent account theft.

After you register and login to this forum, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information the forum owner or staff determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable.

Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.

Also note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache. This is ONLY used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.

willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2009, 03:00:21 PM »
Willie,

Congrats on your largest cut and past ever... :wink:

Did you figure out what was wrong with your bike?

Looks like we had a clogged injector on the open bike and too much power and not enough traction for the wheel on a stick machine.

J

Offline willieworld

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2009, 03:07:41 PM »
i havent ---i ran a compression check  150 lbs in both cylinders ---it has to be a leak in the manifold or the carb---this year just hasnt been a very good year for sheri or myself---i did manage to stay in the top 25  see you next month    willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2009, 03:36:21 PM »
I thought it was a bad kill switch>

The course was crap after all we only had two vehicles over 200mph and not by much.

John

Offline willieworld

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2009, 03:55:40 PM »
i changed the lanyard for the second run but it ran the same                     willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2009, 10:00:10 PM »
Willie -- thanks for posting the rules of the Forum.  I guess I should consider myself lucky that, by and large, things go as smoothly as they do.

By the way -- this topic isn't about behavior on the Forum and I'll move it over to the appropriate thread if I have to -- but for now, since you mention it, Willie --

You folks do pretty well on keeping things light and not too insulting or rude.  Many of the comments aimed at (for instance) Kaz DO run against the preferred spirit of the Forum, but I don't chase down the folks that make the comments -- because I don't think it's what is needed to be the Boss.  I try and let you do the policing all by yourselves.  But there have been many times when the comments that were made -- most likely made as teasing or a joke or light-hearted -- the comments accumulated and turned into nasty-sounding rants, and pretty soon we have managed to chase another person from the Forum.  We want this (at least I hope we do) to be a place to interchange and share and have a fine time.  We've lost Jack Dolan, and apparently now Kaz, and others -- from what started out to be teasing someone that was expressing himself in his own personal way.  Maybe that way isn't what you (yourself) would choose -- but by repetitive teasing and hassling -- we've made folks elect to not share their stuff with us.

But I don't usually hassle any of the Forum members, because it runs pretty well without me trying to micromanage.  I sure intend to continue to do so, and would appreciate it if you all do the same.  If it seems that someone is being ganged up upon -- maybe ask the hasslers to lighten up on the hassle-ee.  Or maybe not -- but remember that you may be the next one in the gunsights of public teasing.

You're doing pretty well, folks, and I appreciate the support you give the Forum and the site -- not only the donations, but the conversation and input from you all.  Thanks.

Okay, back to EM September 2009.  Over and out.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2009, 10:36:12 PM »
geesh.... cant we just have a little fun?  :-o  :roll:
kent