Author Topic: Where do I start?  (Read 4161 times)

Offline V8Pinto

Where do I start?
« on: September 12, 2009, 01:12:09 PM »
Looking at a last minute entry into WOS and wondering what the procedure is like, how it's different from Speedweek, that sort of thing.

At Speedweek you can sometimes catch a pre-entry for sale at registration, what are the chances of that at World Of Speed?

USFRA membership - can I purchase this at the track?

How is camping at the bend in the road this time of year?  I have my monsters and bologna sandwiches packed but not a lot of room left for the tent :)

Any help appreciated - thx much,
Shane
V8 Pinto on juice
Hayabusa on the brain
Twin-Turbo F150 4x4

Offline V8Pinto

Re: Where do I start?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 01:14:04 PM »
Where are the classes and records posted?  I saw the records set in 2007 but could not find the current list of classes and records.
Shane
V8 Pinto on juice
Hayabusa on the brain
Twin-Turbo F150 4x4

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 03:01:20 PM »
 :-o Shane!  "monsters" ?  Ya know they are your future!, ( pains in the butt.!) and all the other wonderful things that go along with raising women types!    I love children,,,,,,,baked, broiled or fried!        Good luck if ya make it to the Salt again!      Crow.
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline RichFox

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 04:14:23 PM »
For your purpose running at WoS is the same as Speedweek without the crowds. You can join at the track and the USFRA and BNI/SCTA use the same rule/record book. A record set at WoS will appear in the SCTA rule book when it comes out. You may camp but you may find that rooms are much more available in town and more modestly priced. Maybe not this year as I understand the Austin Healey return is bringing out lots of fans. You could contact USFRA about preentrys. I have in the past and found they were brokering entries for people who couldn't make it.

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 06:28:29 PM »
Hey Shane, hope you make it!! I will be there running APS. Lots of changes to the bike.

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 11:15:07 PM »
WoS is speedweek on a smaller, more laid back scale...  :-D  The line guys will expect you to be ready when it is your turn,  but won't force you into your car 3 back.... they will run long and short on the same course, the 130 club will have their own course.  You may or may not have a longer wait to run than speedweek.... I think our worst wait was 3 hours this year, speedweek was very well run and organized... Same records, usually same course, same inspectors at impound... Warnerville, best pit on the salt... always a good view of the sunrise... You will have a good time and want to return... I think our rooms are $28...
See ya on the salt  8-)
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

landracing

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 12:19:32 AM »
Looking at a last minute entry into WOS and wondering what the procedure is like, how it's different from Speedweek, that sort of thing.

At Speedweek you can sometimes catch a pre-entry for sale at registration, what are the chances of that at World Of Speed?

USFRA membership - can I purchase this at the track?

How is camping at the bend in the road this time of year?  I have my monsters and bologna sandwiches packed but not a lot of room left for the tent :)

Any help appreciated - thx much,

You can catch a pre=entry if you ask at registration if they have it, they will sell it.

Yes about getting USFRA membership on the salt... easy as pie, just hand them money and they hand you dated document.

Bend in the road,,,, you have your pick of the litter there, hell you can have your own 100x100 area if you want it... I would trade in the tent for a heater though, it will be chilly at nights.

have fun, its a great meet, looking forward to going as well, will be leaving sometime monday...

JonAmo