Author Topic: DFW team/drivers needing help?  (Read 3987 times)

Offline rschilp

• New folks
DFW team/drivers needing help?
« on: September 09, 2009, 03:18:36 PM »
Hi there, I'm interested to get involved in land speed racing and would like to find a team in the DFW area that I can offer my services to.

Anyone interested? I'm open to do whatever it takes, have decent fabrication and general mechanics skills, build a few custom cars and did quite a few restorations and resto-mods of older vehicles, both for myself and as a professional.
All my racing experience is with cars that are build to turn corners, both left and right!, not much in the way of land speed or drag racing.

Open to do whatever it takes, just being a parts runner works for me.

Rob

Offline Jimbo

• New folks
Re: DFW team/drivers needing help?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 07:27:58 PM »
Rob:DFW don't do a thing for me is that Dallas Fort Worth... I looked in Ur info but NO city their a lil more help PLEASE

Offline rschilp

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 07:47:43 PM »
Yes, DFW stands for Dallas/Fort Worth. I actually live North of Dallas.

Didn't even know there was a profile on here, I'll go there and add some information.

Rob

Offline entropy

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 12:45:40 AM »
Hi there, I'm interested to get involved in land speed racing and would like to find a team in the DFW area that I can offer my services to.

Anyone interested? I'm open to do whatever it takes, have decent fabrication and general mechanics skills, build a few custom cars and did quite a few restorations and resto-mods of older vehicles, both for myself and as a professional.
All my racing experience is with cars that are build to turn corners, both left and right!, not much in the way of land speed or drag racing.

Open to do whatever it takes, just being a parts runner works for me.

Rob

Rob,
that is a very generous offer  :cheers:

I run a bike and i'm in Houston so i'm no help to you.
Karl
TeamFatAss

Offline TRNorBRN6001

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 10:46:34 AM »
.............................but come on down to the Mile and hang out with TFA! We'll have something for you to do (Eat more BBQ, Tex-Mex, swill some beverages, maybe a little wrenching). We're not too fast, but sure like to have fun!

Just go to the left when you enter the track and look for some large fellas wearing black TeamFatAss shirts.

We'll have a few Turbo bikes, a few nitrous bikes, and a butt load of N/A Beasts.

Any TFA related questions/ duties? Direct them to TFA's CEO, Karl (Owner of the fastest N/A ZX-12 in the world).

Hope to see you down,

Gary
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 10:50:15 AM by TRNorBRN6001 »

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 07:26:47 PM »
I am wondering if TFA is going to apply for inclusion in SCTA?

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 09:30:28 PM »
As a club? -- Might be a little far for pulling their monthly El Mirage duty.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

splatt

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 07:31:03 PM »
 Hello Rob, I was reading your post hoping to find a place where I could help out also.Im in the Plano area. Someone must be preping to race near here.

Offline Constant Kinetics

• I'm not Crazy, I'm Invincible!
    • Constant Kinetics
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 08:25:24 PM »
Hey Rob, I'm working on a bike if you're intersted in getting in on the action. Let me know
                                                                                -Chad-
Wierd is good