Author Topic: Bonneville Radio  (Read 2565 times)

Offline k21john

• New folks
    • Chris Chapman Racing
Bonneville Radio
« on: September 07, 2009, 09:44:24 AM »
Hi Slim

I noticed that from the BUB meet you mentioned about streaming live video, looks difficult to say the least but I came across this web site

http://www.shoutcast.com/directory/search_results.jsp?searchCrit=simple&s=sport which may be of interest to set up a part time radio station either just for speed events or as an extension of Landracing.com

The question is Do you fancy being a bit of a DJ, all joking apart one should be able to at least capture the sound of the flats

Cheers  :cheers:

John
It's a Triple thing........ We race a 72 Rob North in the UK - www.chrischapmanracing.co.uk

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Bonneville Radio
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 09:05:53 PM »
John, I AM a DJ -- having spent a few years doing that kind of work while I was in college and after graduation, and having the various licenses necessary to do it (in the old days it required licenses and I've still got 'em).  I don't want to be a DJ, though -- in the true meaning of the word (as it's used today).  I don't mind announcing at the various land speed events -- I've done it before and will be doing it again this year -- but my goal is to provide the web audience with live streaming audio from the existing sources already available at the events.  I'm interested in taking those sources and feeding them through landracing.com or perhaps another site so the folks at home, so to speak, can hear what's going on. 

Note I'm talking about audio, not the video you mention.  There's no way that I am interested in doing video - for many reasons.  Audio is going to be difficult enough - and I know something about it.  I hardly know which end of a video camera to look into -- much less how to make a meaningful program at the Salt (or Maxton, or Loring, or EM).  Live video takes resources WAYWAYWAY beyond what I can arrange.  Live Audio I think I could do. 

But -- I need technical help.  I don't want to spend my efforts trying to learn a whole new field (such as how to get the audio to the internet and into your house once it's gone through my mixer).

Your help is welcome.  Be in touch by email if you'd like to do so.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 11:54:34 AM »
Jon --

I, for probably only one, would not like live streaming audio to replace the written coverage you have been offering us.  I figure that if someone's got the time to follow the audio hour after hour, they should just be there.  Some of us work (a little) and can access the present written reports when possible and not miss anything.  I'm no techie, as you all know, but I sure like it the way it's developed.  Used to have to wait a month or two for the published results in the mail before you had any idea what happened if you weren't there.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline k.h.

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 12:24:51 PM »
SSS races.  If Slim is always typing and posting, he could be seen less seldom.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.  But in practice, there is.--Jan L. A. Van de Snepscheut

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 12:26:25 PM »
Jon - write - I have to improve my English.... :-D
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline k21john

• New folks
    • Chris Chapman Racing
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 02:18:04 PM »
To Jon and everyone else, I couldn't agree more.... The text coverage was unbelievable and probably the most fun I've had on a computer since their invention,

I was simply refering to some comments left by a couple of people during Slim's exciting coverage at BUB and thought that I would just kick some ideas around.......

I visit many bike forums both here in the UK and Worldwide and the Landracing forum doesn't seem to have any competion, So please keep up the fantastic work and you may ignore the ramblings of an old Brit.....

Cheers

John

It's a Triple thing........ We race a 72 Rob North in the UK - www.chrischapmanracing.co.uk

Offline k.h.

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 02:42:59 PM »
I agree that this year's Landracing coverage was excellent and wonder how the other Jon used to race and handle it a few years back.  Old Brits and old Yanks, separated by a common language . . . .
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.  But in practice, there is.--Jan L. A. Van de Snepscheut