Author Topic: Photos from Bub Speed Trials 2009  (Read 4043 times)

Offline thanks2frank

• New folks
    • thanks2frank
Photos from Bub Speed Trials 2009
« on: September 02, 2009, 01:21:00 PM »
We happened to be out at the racetrack in Wendover shooting some charity races on saturday and someone mention that they were doing motorcycle speed trial out on the salt on sunday so we headed out and spent the day there.

We didnt have all the gear we might have brought if we had known we were going to be spending time on the salt, I was even in a felt hat rather than a straw one but the community of people out there were very welcoming and we had a great time.

We posted about 600 photos mostly taken in and around the pit area on sunday on the races page of www.thanks2frank.com Hope you all enjoy them
doesnt have be be pretty, just has to go fast

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
Re: Photos from Bub Speed Trials 2009
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 01:40:00 PM »
WOW!!! Awesome variety! Thank you so much for shooting & sharing!!!
Not enough time to get through them all now but I'll look some more tonight!!

If anyone is looking for a bike check out these shots! They've got TONS!!!

Welcome to the board!!  :cheers:

Debbie
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline thanks2frank

• New folks
    • thanks2frank
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 01:45:50 PM »
thanks for the warm welcome you all have a wonderful community and of course some really cool stuff going on out there. We didnt have any long lenses with us so we just shot the pits but then in my humble opinion thats where some of the most interesting stuff goes down anyway :) Some of you met me or my lovely wife, many of you offered us beverages and everyone was very kind to us, we will be back again!

Scott
www.thanks2frank.com

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 07:25:01 PM »
And you didn't stop and say hi?  Scott, Courtney: shame on you!

For those who don't know (and that's most folks on this forum) Scott and Courtney are my comrades-in-arms as cruise nite/car show photographers. 

They're great folks and I highly recommend their web site.  Scott's just busted his butt to rebuild it (sound familiar?  I just had to rebuild my entire server a coupla months ago) and these guys cover more hot rod/kustom/cruisin events than you'd believe. 

Real sorry I missed ya out there.

Offline thanks2frank

• New folks
    • thanks2frank
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 05:46:01 PM »
We were out at the wendover raceway and someone mentioned it so we just grooved on over. We expected to bump into you but you may have been out at the starting line or something. We just sayed in the pit area and got what we thought were some good shots there. I still have your 512 chip in my laptop bag so next time we run into you remind me to actually return it to you lol

Offline Uncle Jimbo

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 12:42:11 AM »
Nice shots - thanks for sharing -  Was that big time fun or what ?   We had a great time, seeing old friends, meeting the team from France, and seeing all the new ideas and machinery this year, just to start...  All the BUB volunteers did a fantastic job, and get better and better every year. 
Thank you Denis, Delvene, and your entire staff of volunteers and workers, for making this event possable for the motorcycle community.
 :cheers:
From days of old, when knights were bold, and rode Iron Horses
24 Land Speed Records
M/PP 1350 AMA/BUB - M/CPG 1350 - M/CPF 1350 - LTA
M/PG 1650 - M/PF 1650 - AMA/BUB
A/PG 1650 - A/PF 1650 -  ECTA - LTA
Top speed to date 194.664