Author Topic: Two Weeks and Counting  (Read 9386 times)

Offline Wester

Re: Two Weeks and Counting
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 08:58:11 AM »
Student reporters don't get everything right ... 500 entries?  I told him 150.

http://universe.byu.edu/node/1727

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2009, 09:08:21 AM »
How about this -- the photo of the Hammond lakester looks like it's got the SCTA radio tower in the background -- which would imply it's at SpeedWeek.  That'd be okay except the caption makes it sound like the photo was taken at WoS.

Whatever -- the publicity is still good.  See you in less than a week.  Nancy and I should be back in Wendover by Sunday night.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Wester

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2009, 12:00:10 PM »
The most recent photo I had of the Hammond car.  That was one of four cars I sent for them to choose from.  I don't blame them for picking that one, that's a beautiful car.

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2009, 12:29:21 PM »
Absolutely a wonderful appearance -- and danged fast, too.  And Seth and his team are fine examples of land speed racers and their willingness to share the fun.

There's also Sparky's car in the same class with the Hammond lakester, and, as Sparky said at the Two Club banquet last mopnth -- The Ratical proves that fast isn't necessarily pretty.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline JR'S PAPA

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2009, 07:02:39 PM »
Just watched the 7 day forecast for Salt Lake & vicinity. Looks like prec...... starting Monday, tapering off by Wednesday. Thursday P/C. Let's keep good thoughts. Most times, the "Dippy" weather dinks can't tell you what happened yesterday, let alone anything in the future.
JR, JR's dad and I will be out. See ya there.
Been there, seen that! And now I can say I participate, with my kid and his kid, J.R...........

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2009, 10:29:14 PM »
From the NOAA weather site:

Monday: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 73.

Monday Night: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 55.

Tuesday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 68.

Tuesday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 55.

Wednesday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 70.

Wednesday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 55.

Thursday: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a high near 79.

Thursday Night: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 57.

Friday: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 82.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2009, 11:05:34 PM »
I don't know about anywhere else but around here (Central Utah) 30 per cent chance means there's a 70 per cent chance it won't and they're usually right. See you Wednesday. Wayno