Author Topic: BUB Updates  (Read 167714 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: BUB Updates
« Reply #405 on: September 02, 2009, 07:48:38 PM »
14 minutes left in today's action, and don't forget that tomorrow is a half-day.  A half that'll star a couple of the fastest 'liners, a bunch of sidecar rigs, many sit-on folks trying their darnedest to go fast - and everyone having fun.

Jeff Cauby running a 'Busa, #553, in the measured mile.  Looks like production -- stock exhaust.  Runs 175.422 mph.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #406 on: September 02, 2009, 07:56:28 PM »
Looks like a new fuel class record for Scott at 177.442  :cheers:

FYI:

No funny fuel or Nitrous on the bike...same bike he ran in the gas class.

JW, can you get a current picture of the bike..?

Thank you,

John

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #407 on: September 02, 2009, 08:04:01 PM »
Good timing, John.  I ws sitting here with Nancy and Scott rode up to chat.  I told him your average speed number -- all he had known, 'til then, was that he had got the record and gone fast.  He thanks you for the number. Here's the quick photo I shot -- sunlight wasn't all that good -- sorry.

So -- Scott's standing right next to me and wants to thank John Noonan for the cam and advice and help and moral support, Bob Moreland for the head, and Kent Riches for the Bodywork for everything he's done for helping him.  Big thanks from us, too.  Congratulations, Scott.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 08:10:49 PM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline mkilger

« Reply #408 on: September 02, 2009, 08:08:00 PM »
come on Noonan only  8 hours are you on your way? need a car pool dummy?  can be ready to go in 10 min  :|

Offline Freud

« Reply #409 on: September 02, 2009, 08:16:38 PM »
SSS, I'll repay u if u buy a new pacifier for Scott's baby.

FREUD
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 08:21:44 PM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #410 on: September 02, 2009, 08:19:56 PM »
She's a doll Freud.  You'd be suckered into playing grandpa if you had the opportunity to play with her.  She sits in the babyseat in the back of the truck and smiles and laughs and is a good kid.  Scott's been in a good mood, too -- maybe he's trying to show Sienna his good side -- "This is what Daddy looks like while he's playing, Sienna".

I was never a dum-dum fan, although we did let our daughter use one -- her mother's influence.  But that daughter is now in her late thirties, has a 10-month old at home, and I don't think that baby has a pacifier.  Still -- want me to scrounge one up?  They might have 'em at Smith's.

In other stuff:  Lynda, the puddle at Land's End is still there -- smaller than a few days ago, but not much smaller than it was yesterday.  We've had no rain this week -- but the puddle is still there.  Maybe another few loads of salt will need to  be placed sometime over the winter.  But the place is still there, awaiting you and your crew.  The folks are doing a pretty good job of smiling and rememering who's who -- but they haven't asked for sweet rolls or flowers.  For that matter -- they're guys.  What else needs be said?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 11:26:09 AM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Super Kaz

« Reply #411 on: September 02, 2009, 08:20:58 PM »
Bike 951 -- a 'Busa -- just went on a return run on the int'l course.  Michael Garcia is rider's name.  Went 212.712

V-rod is passing us now #12 -- James Ramsey --  157.768 mph

Happier now, Kaz?

Weeeellll Yes Thank You Big Buddy :evil:>>>>>>>>>>> :wink:

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #412 on: September 02, 2009, 08:28:18 PM »
SSS, I don't ask for sweetrolls or flowers, I just end up gettin em!!  I'm sure the sweet rolls are bribes, (they don't work, by the way), but those flowers came from the hearts of 2 very special people!! 

Guess that salt puddle will help slow the mad dash for the salt!!  That just means I don't have to yell as much!!  :-D

Thanks for all your coverage, you've been fantastic!!  Make sure you have more stuff for me to sell at WF!! 

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #413 on: September 02, 2009, 10:35:13 PM »
Looks like a new fuel class record for Scott at 177.442  :cheers:

FYI:

No funny fuel or Nitrous on the bike...same bike he ran in the gas class.

JW, can you get a current picture of the bike..?

Thank you,

John

I remember the day Scott came to my door to buy a bike I had for sale. He barely knew how to ride or turn a wrench on a bike...look at him now  :cheers:

I'm so proud you could pop me with a pin!! Good going Scotty :-D :-D
Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#4836 A-PBF 750cc(complete)
#765 A/G 650cc

bubracing

« Reply #414 on: September 02, 2009, 10:42:42 PM »
I heard this from Ray the Rat:  The Sam Wheeler crew found too much salt in the  bike and took it to town for a carwash/douche.  I do not know if the salt was there in advance (I doubt it -- it's been months since the bike was run) or if the salt was from today's run.

I'm just back from Wink's pit.  Ray was riding the 3000cc-class bike and he's the one that hit a timing light earlier today.  So they've taken the front wheel off the 59-SCTA/BNI record, 2 AMA record bike and put it on the one that hit the light.  But Ray says he doesn't want to make a run -- so they've switched it to pushrod fuel and will have Wink, hisself, make a run.  Who says you can't have fun in this sport?  First photo is the donor bike, second one is the recipient.

Wink is not making the run Jay is. You have his name listed as Ray it is Jay

Offline bobc

• Administrator
    • South Mt. Web Design
« Reply #415 on: September 02, 2009, 10:50:49 PM »
Run Logs!  Come get cher run logs!  PDF flavor....
Web Elf

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #416 on: September 02, 2009, 10:56:07 PM »
JN. I can't refresh every few seconds like you. :-D

I'm paid for what I know and how to fix it. Fixing it is a bonus for them but I'm still out in the plant. Every time I get back to my desk I open up the site and look...usually 2 to 3 pages have been added.

SSS & Nancy thanks for all your hard work. Guess there are not any "Johns"  to worry about...Hope to see you at WF....JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline bobc

• Administrator
    • South Mt. Web Design
« Reply #417 on: September 02, 2009, 11:14:36 PM »
Run logs, XLS's for 9-02
Web Elf

Offline Livin1072

« Reply #418 on: September 03, 2009, 01:22:59 AM »
Ok got all caught up...  :|

Slim this is great!  Even though I'm reading it late it's stll all there  :wink:

Talked to Terry tonight,  said they streched acouple chains on Sam's bike and have to remove the rear wheel to correct issue... it didn't sound like even a little fun!

Team SGR Mr Turbo Racing
259.9 mph Texas '09 / 264.3 mph Maxton '10 / 265.1 mph Loring '09

Offline Randall Parker

• Yup, I'm a Baby Boomer!
  • My Boss 429 KK2159. bought it from the Breedlove's
« Reply #419 on: September 03, 2009, 01:35:48 AM »
Where do you find the Gallery?  I am not being lazy I just cannot locate it on the site.
The Faster you go the longer you live...it's just physics.