Author Topic: BUB Updates  (Read 167488 times)

Offline bobc

• Administrator
    • South Mt. Web Design
Re: BUB Updates
« Reply #180 on: September 01, 2009, 09:35:48 AM »
Here are the Run Logs for yesterday, 8/31
Web Elf

Offline k21john

• New folks
    • Chris Chapman Racing
« Reply #181 on: September 01, 2009, 10:11:04 AM »
 :-D Thanks for the run sheets, seems that a lot of bikes didn't make the return run and the ones that did were slower in the main than on their down runs on the INT course,

Is this possibly a wind issue or just changing conditions of the salt?

Cheers

K21john

:cheers:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 10:12:59 AM by k21john »
It's a Triple thing........ We race a 72 Rob North in the UK - www.chrischapmanracing.co.uk

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #182 on: September 01, 2009, 10:14:07 AM »
Good morning, ladies and gentlemen, girls and boys, and all the ships at sea.  It's Tuesday morning and we're at the 2009 Bub's Motorcycle Speed Trials at the Bonneville Salt Flats.  

Whew -- that's a mouthful for a first post of the day.  But now the boilerplate is done and I can start with regular posts.  Racing began a few minutes ago.  Temperature here near the pits is 68F, and there's a breeze from the east at about 4-6 mph.

The streamliners are forecast to run today -- according to the radio guy.  Bub's is down at the 1/2 mile of the long international course (don't know why not at the Zero), setting up.  No other liners were down there just now.  

New ruling in effect today -- All riders on race bikes must wear helmet when the bike is in motion - whether heading to pre-stage or to the line or to the fuel truck or whatever.  Fines will be imposed for non-compliance.  Just saw our first "violator" of the day -- didn't see him get stopped and ticketed, though. . .

Stay tuned.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #183 on: September 01, 2009, 10:37:16 AM »
A coupla photos from the end of the day yesterday.  Let's see if I can remember that the young lad's name is Werner Miller.  Werner for sure -- Miller maybe.  Anyway, he's the youngest competitor here and -- Dad says that he can see the beginnings of an expensive lifetime avocation.

Dale Gullett is (the late) Cliff Gullett's brother, riding the bike that cliff started racing and building on before he went to the 'liner.  Leanne, Cliff's widow, decided that the bike shouldn't sit in the shop -- should be raced and development should continue.  Ergo -- Dale's runing and doing well with it.

The MV Agusta crowd is here again with a few bikes and perennial rider Rosie Franklin.
 The MV bikes are just as pretty as you've read that they are -- works of art -- that go fast.  Rosie rode the 1,000cc production bike to a 191 on Monday -- hopes to get it to more like 195 before the event ends.

He'll also be on the tasty-looking Triumph for a run or three.

And then there's the newest of the stable -- Nancy's standing by it.

Here's a set of photos of a "real" sidecar -- don't shout at me for putting it that way, but this rig rides with a passenger.  Overall shot:

The passenger's accomodations, including stuffed animal.  Note the oil pressure gauge visible to the passenger.  I assume that the pass. is to watch it and knock on the rider's head of the pressure drops, hey?

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #184 on: September 01, 2009, 10:44:04 AM »
Here are the Run Logs for yesterday, 8/31

Can we get these as spreadsheets like the first day please?
(some of us like to lump them into one giant run log! ;) )

Debbie
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #185 on: September 01, 2009, 10:51:12 AM »
Scott Stites ran a 174.595 qualifier this morning -- putting 3.1 mph on the record.  He's in impound now - kinda cranky, though, 'cause they won't let him do anything (him, or anyone, for that matter) but change plugs and replenish consumables.  He wants to change rear sprocket -- can't quite pull the one on there now -- but the rules don't allow it.  Whatever -- congratulations Scott.

PS   Debbie, I was afraid you'd say something like that.  Bob and I thought about it last night and decided that using the pdf format instead of the xl would be fine.  I've got the raw data if you want it -- can send that if you want to mess around and make it postable.  Sorry. . .
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 10:53:09 AM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #186 on: September 01, 2009, 10:51:35 AM »
Jon
Ask the Rice bros. why the kilo speeds are not converted into KPH. How many AMA & FIM entrants are actually entered to run for those records. Just the old BNI timer wondering about this stuff. Wish I could be there to shoot some pictures and visit.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #187 on: September 01, 2009, 11:01:08 AM »
Scott Stites ran a 174.595 qualifier this morning -- putting 3.1 mph on the record.  He's in impound now - kinda cranky, though, 'cause they won't let him do anything (him, or anyone, for that matter) but change plugs and replenish consumables.  He wants to change rear sprocket -- can't quite pull the one on there now -- but the rules don't allow it.  Whatever -- congratulations Scott.

PS   Debbie, I was afraid you'd say something like that.  Bob and I thought about it last night and decided that using the pdf format instead of the xl would be fine.  I've got the raw data if you want it -- can send that if you want to mess around and make it postable.  Sorry. . .

Congrats Scott! Up the rec then change sprockets & up it again! More runs, more fun!

Please do send raw data & I'd be happy to set up & supply spreadsheet. Thanks! Send to one of my email addresses just let me know which one! LOL

Debbie
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #188 on: September 01, 2009, 11:02:35 AM »
Go Scotty GO!! :cheers:
Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#4836 A-PBF 750cc(complete)
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #189 on: September 01, 2009, 11:21:48 AM »
Scott just ran his return run -- sounded good, but let's see what the announcer says -- 172 and change.  Good enough to back it up if he had that 3.1 on the old number.  Good work, Scott.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline mkilger

« Reply #190 on: September 01, 2009, 11:31:47 AM »
on sidecars does BUB make you have a rider on the side??? :|

Offline k.h.

« Reply #191 on: September 01, 2009, 11:32:48 AM »
Keep up the good work, SSS.  Much appreciated.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.  But in practice, there is.--Jan L. A. Van de Snepscheut

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #192 on: September 01, 2009, 11:41:51 AM »
Mike, it's an option.  I don't know if it's an AMA option or FIM option -- but some have a passenger, some don't.  Fritz Egli, the Swiss fella, just ran a 193 on his 'Busa sidecar -- with the 132-pound ballast, not a live person.  193's a decent run, hey?  He's in impound with it right now.  Here's him and the bike.

Here's Scott after the backup run, too.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #193 on: September 01, 2009, 11:53:32 AM »
Right on Scott.. good job!   :cheers: Having to cut away portions of a stock front fender.. sheesh! Now untie that arm from behind your back and change that gear before they put a straight jacket on you.

Cool deal on the sidecar rig, congrats to Fritz! Any idea what kind of class that is in (or would be in, at an SCTA event)?
Todd

Offline mkilger

« Reply #194 on: September 01, 2009, 11:54:21 AM »
ballast, good idea  didnt think of that, I thought ballast was just for roadsters. good work Jon when is Nancy going to run??  put her on a bike  someones bike