Author Topic: BUB Updates  (Read 167504 times)

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: BUB Updates
« Reply #150 on: August 31, 2009, 05:07:46 PM »
Don and his Yellow submarine.. :-D

Get em Don..

Dons bike ran 229.822 at El Mirage a few years ago and got his nephew Mark in to the Dirty 2's

John

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #151 on: August 31, 2009, 05:14:48 PM »
Lookie here -- I found Sam, Terry, bike, and so on.  Sounds like they're in no mood to go run now -- maybe in the mnorning.  Sam is saying how the salt isn't all that good yet -- but llows that yes, it's better than yesterday.  Better in the morning?  We'll find out.  Still nothing from the Bub bike at the far end -- still breezy out there -- flags are showing about 6-10 mph down the course (right-to-left, that is).
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

landracing

« Reply #152 on: August 31, 2009, 05:15:30 PM »
Manning is getting ready to run... They had troubles in the pits getting the bike to run... Found bad fuel and debris in the fuel system plugging up injectors etc... Got it figured out and are waiting to run very soon.

Sam Wheeler has bike apart in the pits messing with electronics... He says he will run on Tuesday....

Ack Attack says 0% chance they will run this meet. But we already knew that....

JonAmo

landracing

« Reply #153 on: August 31, 2009, 05:18:15 PM »
Jonw,

Good picture on sam's bike. This is a FIRST ever that I have ever seen. Him pulling the chassis out of the body to work on it at the salt... Usually when it gets that bad he takes it home... Were you able to find out what they were trying to accomplish or what was wrong at the moment?

JonAmo

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #154 on: August 31, 2009, 05:25:12 PM »
They're programming.  I didn't ask what -- Sam and Terry just arrived with fresh hamburgers.  I'll let 'em eat and go back there.

In the meantime -- Team Arrow, the #1150 'liner, is working on the periscope.  Tech won't let them race with the 90 degrees of peripheral vision, so they're doing some work to try to get it closer to the "required" 120 degrees.  A little less than that may pass, they say -- but they're doing work on it.  I couldn't get a good shot of the 'scope -- it's way on top of the canopy, up in the air.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #155 on: August 31, 2009, 05:32:11 PM »
These photos aren't great -- shooting in Pearsall's screen pit didn't let me do well.  The bad news -- Don held out a bolt and said "This is a rod bolt."

Looks like at least one rod.  Lots of shrapnel in the belly pan.  Their week is over. . .I think.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #156 on: August 31, 2009, 05:43:33 PM »
Terry Kizer says they're just finishing the installation of the RacePak logger.  The thing's been in there for a while -- but they didn't finish the program/download.  They're hanging the bike out of the body awaiting tech to visit to inspect -- figure they'd have to have the bodywork off anyway.  Still waiting for tech.  Terry Kizer says they'll put fuel in it in a little while and look for fuel leaks -- but won't run now -- too slick.  Maybe in the morning, maybe Wednesday.  Other than the Racepak -- nothing new since last fall's shootout.  They had the handling (going right) issue then -- don't know if they've found the problem.  And they want to get in a run to get some information on the front wheel -- but wet salt won't tell them what they wanna know.

In other stuff -- #134, an electric sidecar bike, just stunned the crowd by running a 39.26 mph.  Dang, Kent -- don't sweat it that they'll take the 'car off and run for your number.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline sabat

« Reply #157 on: August 31, 2009, 05:46:39 PM »
Great stuff Jon, thanks again.

Lotsa parts being submitted to the gods. Maybe they will smile on someone soon.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #158 on: August 31, 2009, 05:50:03 PM »
Richard Assen just ran a 222.5.  Not the 260+ of SpeedWeek -- but still good for this Salt, this event.

Todd, Terry Kizer was asking if you were here.  He said he saw your truck driving around and was going to talk to you about a fellow you both know.  Anyway, then Terry saw our truck, saw the Twin Jugs Racing Division stickers on it -- said -- oh, never mind.  I guess all I saw was your truck.  But the stickers must work - someone saw 'em and commented.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 05:52:56 PM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #159 on: August 31, 2009, 06:11:14 PM »
Just went to registration -- Delvene is not available (hasn't been officially seen in quite a while).  Linnea (did I spell that right?) took my written request for record logs -- I had emailed Delvene this morning about them, too, and yesterday she promised to send them to me, also.  But I don't have them -- sorry, everyone.  I'm not surprised that Delvene is busy and hasn't sent stuff too me -- there are things for her to do that are most likely more important than taking care us us on the website.  At least I got the run logs.  And I'll mosey once more to the timing tower at the end of the day and get the run logs from today.  Best I can offer. . .
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline k21john

• New folks
    • Chris Chapman Racing
« Reply #160 on: August 31, 2009, 06:21:56 PM »
Hi Jon

have you seen Alan Cathcart around if so any news, he's riding a couple of Triumphs for South Bay numbers 71 & 72 i think.

Keep up the good work,

One other question - How many miles do you think that you've walked on the salt so far this meeting? it's gotta be a few by now.......

Cheers

K21john
It's a Triple thing........ We race a 72 Rob North in the UK - www.chrischapmanracing.co.uk

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #161 on: August 31, 2009, 06:26:35 PM »
I heard, on the radio, about Alan making a run this morning -- but haven't seen him.  I'll keep an eye open and get in a "howdy" if I can.  Let's see -- this morning he was on a Thruxton -- went in the 150s, I think I recall.  I'll see. . .

AS for how far have I/we walked -- not all that far.  More often we ride around the pits and hop out to chat or take photos.  Walking takes bloody forever.  Not that it's a slow way to move, but rather that danged near everyone knows us and wants to stop and chat.  I do that -- then you folks get short-shrift 'cause I don't post enough.  Don't say it -- you know it's true!  (If I knew how to put those smileys in here I'd put one down now).
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline k21john

• New folks
    • Chris Chapman Racing
« Reply #162 on: August 31, 2009, 06:31:14 PM »
Jon it's easy  :-D  :cheers:

there just a click away. Anyhow your reports bring a smile to us over the pond......

It's getting near midnight here so it's off to bed will check back in the morning and looking forward to seeing the run sheets.

Next year a few of us are hoping to be out there so will come looking for you with a cold one and say hello.....

John
It's a Triple thing........ We race a 72 Rob North in the UK - www.chrischapmanracing.co.uk

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #163 on: August 31, 2009, 06:32:29 PM »
SSS - Good stuff ... keep it up ... Joe

Super Kaz

« Reply #164 on: August 31, 2009, 06:41:54 PM »
Don and his Yellow submarine.. :-D

Get em Don..

Dons bike ran 229.822 at El Mirage a few years ago and got his nephew Mark in to the Dirty 2's

John

Worlds Fastest,
wasn't that out the BACK DOOR on that run :??
I think that was when U let me Rookie Run Your Baby  :cheers: !
Or I was pulling duty? :oops:
I Do remember that run was Flyin :-o!
Hope all is well?
S/K...........