Author Topic: BUB Updates  (Read 167091 times)

Offline joea

Re: BUB Updates
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2009, 01:45:31 PM »
...interesting....

""Manning reported some big cracks in the course that'd make it less than desirable for a fast liner""

...wonder what it will be like for semi-fast sit-on bikes.....?....

we should know more soon enough.....

great turnout it sounds.....

yeah that second pic looks like rode in.....

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2009, 01:47:09 PM »
Here are a few bikes in impound.  This group of four left just as I got there -- headed for FIM return runs.  If and when they make the returns I'll get some speeds.  No data -- the impound logs only show time of arrival -- not speed.

Interesting clothes on this Ninja 250, hey?

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

landracing

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2009, 02:02:41 PM »
Is wheeler there yet? What is status on Vincent Liner? Assen run yet? Just some stuff curious about...

JonAmo

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2009, 02:07:40 PM »
Jon, you should be here -- you've got more questions than I've got answers.  Remember -- this isn't an SCTA or USFRA event -- I'm not as familiar with how things run.  We're down at the "Mountain" course south start line and just got shooed back to allow return run bikes to come through.  We just got a wave from Scott Stites as he headed towards the "international" course start -- and Fireman Jim shouted his howdy from mountain course pre-stage.  I'm still gathering names of who else is here.  Back to the pits -- there I can try to get you some more answers.

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2009, 02:18:59 PM »
The little Ninja #235 ran a 102.6 on his return run, the #228 did 94.53, #5151 went 94.31 down, 102.26 return -- on a '55 BSA.

There's about 4 mph wind from north to south -- you can see it on the 5151 bike's speeds.

Listening to the fast bikes -- lots of wheelspin on the internat'l course.  Fastest bike of the meet so far just ran a 193.8 -- Don Mills, bike 196.  Someone else out there right now slippin' and slidin'.

The radio announcer is talking at us -- unfortunately, just like at all of the events -- he doesn't have good information on lots of entries, so we can only get speeds and numbers. 

« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 02:25:12 PM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2009, 02:29:29 PM »
Lucille Dunn just ran 107.7 on her Blast.  50 runs so far today - since starting was tardy because of the 8AM driver meeting.  I'm going to shut this off and go shoot some photos in inspection scrutineering.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline joea

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2009, 02:39:51 PM »
...THANKS JON W.......!!!!!

NICE pics....and so cool for the feedback.....

its VERY cool......to hear this dialogue on Landracing.com.......

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2009, 03:04:06 PM »
Scott Stites went through tech and had to strip the Busa completely to run in the naked class, the front fender and rear tail section had to go. So far today, he has run 169mph on what he said is very wet salt. A lot of wheel spin, but 6mph over the current record! He is currently in impound and should be making a back-up run soon. :cheers:
Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#4836 A-PBF 750cc(complete)
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline rlague

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2009, 04:09:23 PM »
Sam should be getting there tonight.  They were supposed to leave at 5:00AM today.  I was over at his shop yesterday AM and they were working hard finalizing things.  It is amazing how calm Sam can be when there is a BIT of work to do!!

I dropped off the latest nNovia on-board video recorder and we finalized the harness and wiring.  I hope he has a chance to run.....salt dries out etc..  And I hope his on-baord video is flawless this year.

Fingers crossed Sam.
IGNITION3  Productions
WORLD'S FASTEST MOTORCYCLE DVD/TV Show 
WORLD'S FASTEST MOTORCYCLE - BOOK
ACK ATTACK - RECORD BREAKING MOTORCYCLE - BOOK
ISDE DVD series
www.worldsfastestmotorcycle.tv
www.ignition3.tv
www.isde.tv

Offline k21john

• New folks
    • Chris Chapman Racing
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2009, 04:11:26 PM »
Hi guys

Sat in a cold England today and wishing I was on the salt..... next year will be there,

I wonder if anyone has any info on Tom Mellor and his 750 Trident I think he's running number 240

Any news appreciated.

Have fun and keep it upright........................

John
It's a Triple thing........ We race a 72 Rob North in the UK - www.chrischapmanracing.co.uk

Offline mkilger

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2009, 04:22:33 PM »
Slim some updates on the roadsters please  :roll:

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2009, 04:29:03 PM »
Scott Stites just ran a back-up at 173 mph. He is in impound for measurement for the record!! :cheers:
Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#4836 A-PBF 750cc(complete)
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2009, 04:33:11 PM »
Mike, Nancy's still busy telling about how she had to ask for help with the kickstand.  Roadster photos will follow that.

Good news, one and all -- your webguy (that's me) has finally figured out how to put photos into the gallery.  There are a half-dozen or so there now -- will be more as the day goes past.

Other stuff:

Richard Assen says that about the only new thing on the bike is a new radiator and intercooler (I think he said they're both all-new).  The old rad. got a bit beat up by the salt and a raplacement was made available.  He says they won't crank up the boost or anything (at least not at first).  First run for him will be in the morning (assuming the salt stays as slick as it is today).  

Hazy on the horizon -- can barely see the highway from the pits (about where the Speed Week pits were).

Denis Mannins is reported to be running in the morning.  I asked Mike Akatiff about that - he hadn't heard it, but says that if Denis does -- then I guess the Ack bike will, too.  We'll see.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2009, 04:42:42 PM »
Denis is gonna lay the new number down..... Ack wont sit back and watch...... Sams gonna shut em up.... Rocky will come out on top.....   Damn it! i wish my new liner was done.... would be fun to be out there playing with those boys.....
kent

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2009, 04:45:15 PM »
Randy
Scots bike has a 180 in it..... if he doesn't pull it out of it, he'll never live down the verbal assaults when he gets home....
kent