Author Topic: Fossett/Breedlove Racer Up For Sale  (Read 6429 times)

Offline Tom Shannon

• http://www.landracing.com
Fossett/Breedlove Racer Up For Sale
« on: August 26, 2009, 11:33:56 PM »
Tom Shannon
On The Road

Blue

Re: Fossett/Breedlove Racer Up For Sale
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 03:18:35 PM »
She decided to sell over a year ago and advertised the car in some trade publications.  I don't know why this article was posted so recently, it is probable that the author just found out.

Offline 46champ

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 04:51:10 PM »
I was just wondering what's the price?  I know if you have to ask you can't afford. but I've several of these articles but never a price.

Offline Malcolm UK

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 01:12:08 PM »
According to the British press this weekend the sale process is now in the hands of Project100 - a sports marketing firm from Hertfordshire, England.  They must be putting out the publicity.  www.project100.com

Offers in excess of £2.5m which is about $4.1m US. 

Not too much if you say it quickly.  But do not forget that in about a years time if it has not gone over 763 mph then it will just be a beautiful ornament and museum piece - Bloodhound SSC is coming.

Malcolm UK
Malcolm UK, Derby, England.

Robin UK

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 02:58:45 PM »
According to the British press this weekend the sale process is now in the hands of Project100 - a sports marketing firm from Hertfordshire, England.  They must be putting out the publicity.  www.project100.com

Offers in excess of £2.5m which is about $4.1m US. 

Not too much if you say it quickly.  But do not forget that in about a years time if it has not gone over 763 mph then it will just be a beautiful ornament and museum piece - Bloodhound SSC is coming.

Malcolm UK

Project100 is Stuart Radnofsky based in St Albans who did just about all of the PR work for Fossett's many projects.

Robin

Offline Stuart Radnofsky

• New folks
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 03:35:32 AM »
Hi Robin, et al

I thought I would post just a short update to the world on this project and this seemed the best platform.

We have, indeed, been given the very cool task of finding a good new home for this very special vehicle - a home from which, hopefully, someone will look to knock off the 800 mph and 900 mph markers before our friends at NAE, AI5 and BHSSC get fully untracked.

The Fossett Absolute LSR 'Target 800 mph' project (the completed modified car and all of its associated support equipment) has been stored since 2008, but (as some of you are aware) it is also very nearly ready to run (which is not to underestimate the task - there are some items to complete and a full and methodical test program to initiate - but this is very much a viable and timely opportunity for someone to get into the game).

STUART

Offline racefanwfo

• jenks worlds fastest pitbull
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 03:57:44 AM »
the big question is how much is it going to cost to get into the game.
The speed that you wish to achieve is only limited by the depth of your wallet.

Blue

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2010, 07:07:12 PM »
More than the average enthusiast could afford, less than an Indy or Nascar for a season, a little less than has been spent on the last few 400 mph club wheel driven members.  It is not impossible, not ridiculously expensive, nor even that much of a challenge given that I have spent much of my professional life figuring out how to do it.  I encourage anyone interested or anyone with an interested backer to contact me, it can be done a lot cheaper than Bloodhound.

Offline Stuart Radnofsky

• New folks
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2010, 04:36:42 AM »
A nicely balanced update / overview is now on Bloodhound's website (written by Brian Lecomber) re their 3 main competitors - the NAE, Fossett and AI5 projects - and the status of each.

http://www.bloodhoundssc.com/news/latest_news.cfm?widCall1=customWidgets.contentItem_show_1&cit_id=4958

The Fossett project is now in a new Reno area workshop to enable viewing by possible buyers...