Author Topic: This would be cool for next year.  (Read 3338 times)

Offline 72tx340

• Hooked on speed
This would be cool for next year.
« on: August 22, 2009, 03:30:23 PM »
  In the staging area it would be cool to have a pa system. It would be nice to announce the driver, what there driving, the class record there going for and finally there speed. I think i can get my hands on a nice portable pa system...hint hint dstray. But it would have to be in radio contact with everyone else etc. Would this be possible?

Offline roadster589

• GOD SPEED GARY
Re: This would be cool for next year.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 03:58:11 PM »
I think the only problem with that is trying to find someone to set it up and work it all week the bni is full of great volunters but most are spread pertty thin ask slim he took over the raido for 1 hour and got stuck up there I think for 3-4 hours ... Good luck hey slim nice job by the way and congrats to you and nancy see you soon
Mike cook jr

Offline joea

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 04:06:15 PM »
.....oops.....
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 07:02:08 PM by joea »

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 04:20:16 PM »
Loring Loring Loring... :mrgreen:
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline dickj

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 12:42:34 AM »
One more suggestion for next year, Bob.  Get some orange vests for ALL race officials.  Whether they are inspectors, crowd control, tickets at the gate.  People have to know that when somebody leans into their racecar on the starting line that they are not just interested bystanders.

DickJ
In East Texas

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 02:11:42 AM »
One more suggestion for next year, Bob.  Get some orange vests for ALL race officials.  Whether they are inspectors, crowd control, tickets at the gate.  People have to know that when somebody leans into their racecar on the starting line that they are not just interested bystanders.

DickJ
In East Texas

Nothing worse than that.. :-D