Author Topic: the BIG question: dates of 2010 Loring LSR event?????  (Read 21176 times)

Offline Stan Back

Re: the BIG question: dates of 2010 Loring LSR event?????
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 10:27:33 PM »
I know it was a great event -- but the California Kid can pm me about Elmer next month.  Might hold him over 'til next year in Maine.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2009, 10:52:53 PM »
We explained very early on that due to the Maine Inland Wildlife Dept's concerns about a  resident nesting bird, The Upland Sandpiper,  racing would not be permitted before August. This bird population is considered "Threatened" and their fear is it would be frightened off , mostly by excessive noise that the population hasn't encountered since the USAF left.
We had originally planned the dates to be around June 20, the summer solstice, the longest day, which up there is practically 18 hours of daylight.
The first weekend of August worked fine this year, and in 2010 we have a nice break before SpeedWeek.
Bob W

Offline sabat

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2009, 11:34:47 PM »
Another option is after Speedweek, in September. It would be cooler, and those that couldn't get ready in time for Bonneville, or broke early, would have a second chance. -Dean

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2009, 11:37:28 PM »
It will be cooler all right ... the summer in northern Maine is the end of August ...

Offline entropy

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2009, 01:41:56 AM »
Charles ... beautiful country ... especially down east a bit ... like Bar Harbor ... take your wife and spent a couple of days on the Maine shore ... I guess you arent over 50 ... because you know if you are over 50 if you don't care where your wife goes as long as you don't have to go with her ... plus you can bet she feels the same way about you ... Joe

bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

how did I miss this one earlier?

good one, Joe! :cheers:

Karl

Offline roadracer

• TLN Motorsports/KWS/Brock's/DCW/Vortex/WWB
    • TLN Motorsports
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2009, 02:52:56 PM »
"If Bob has the energy & will, is it too early to start planning 2010 dates"
The Mind is willing, but......Nah, I got the energy.
I'll propose July 30, 31, August 1, and Maybe August 2nd as a rain day or in case we get seriously discovered.
An August 13th start for SW is great ! It gives anyone interested in attending both events a little breathing room, especially compared to this year.
Let's not get too far ahead on this, we're still unraveling all this years' info, even as well as a first event as it was, there are obvious improvements to be made .
I believe we made a good impression, and need to take a kind of census to see what else the commercial interests up there might want to extend to the LTA , besides free road kill Barbecue Moose samples in the staging lanes. (Anybody have some ?)
I do know it wasn't  the Female so many of you have seen that hangs around the south end of the Runway , I saw her after  Sunday. Somebody named her Sophia (Loring) .
I digress, we've been kind of loafing since the meet, bathing in that warm afterglow of apparent success,  need to get back on the phones.
Stay Tuned, you ain't seen nothing yet !!!
Bob W , (really full of himself recently)

I like that possible Monday thrown in Bob.  You may need it from all the talk.
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6rr (Worlds Fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile)
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R (4 200 MPH Clubs)
2008 Kawasaki EX-250R (Multiple ECTA and LTA records)
131 Land Speed Records set since 2008
125 Land Speed Racing records (including 3 Worlds Fastest Speeds) set since 2008.

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2009, 06:28:33 PM »
Count me in for Fri,Sat, Sun and Mon...

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline stratman59

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2009, 09:29:42 PM »
me too

robbie

Offline half-fast

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2009, 09:29:59 PM »
I like the 1st W/E in Aug, with Monday too & Joe is spot on. even in August I had several nights where the temps were in the high 40's, ion Sept that will be in the 20's.

Offline dickj

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2009, 12:39:54 AM »
Bob W.
When did you finally get to "enjoy" that fine Texas brew?  I'll bring another six-pac next year!  BTW, I think I set the record on flat tires on the way home.  Six flats on a four-tire trailer!  I was so pooped out after changing three that Gail had to change the last two.  Gettin' old! Thank God WalMart had trailer tires in stock and somebody was willing to mount them on a Sunday!  Long, long trip back to Texas.

Good job, Bob (and Bob).

DickJ
In East Texas

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2009, 08:46:29 PM »
Dick and Jane !, er, Gail....
I had three of 'em up there, brought the others home for my collection. NOT !
Thank You , they were all lovely.
How'd that paint job party go ?
Bob W

Offline tedgram

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2009, 06:48:33 AM »
I like the 1st W/E in Aug, with Monday too & Joe is spot on. even in August I had several nights where the temps were in the high 40's, ion Sept that will be in the 20's.

After the first two weeks in Sept. the chance of nights dipping into the 20's is very high. The clear days will be fantastic for making power.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 06:53:39 AM by tedgram »

Offline roadracer

• TLN Motorsports/KWS/Brock's/DCW/Vortex/WWB
    • TLN Motorsports
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2009, 02:24:54 PM »
The forecast for this upcoming weekend 09-4/5/6 was an average of 70 for the high and 45 for the low.  All I know is you name the time, and as many times as you want to run there, and I'm in.
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6rr (Worlds Fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile)
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R (4 200 MPH Clubs)
2008 Kawasaki EX-250R (Multiple ECTA and LTA records)
131 Land Speed Records set since 2008
125 Land Speed Racing records (including 3 Worlds Fastest Speeds) set since 2008.

Offline dickj

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2009, 07:47:11 PM »
Based on "conversation" so far, I went ahead and made my reservations at the Caribou Inn for the first weekend of August 2010.  Denise told me that I had the first reservation.  I was surprised that nobody made reservations when they checked out last month.  I always make reservations and early entries as soon as possible.  You can always cancel, but you can't make a reservation once all the rooms are gone.  If the dates happen to change, I figure I can change my reservation.

Dick J
In East Texas

Offline Nosgsx1300

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2009, 03:38:07 PM »
sleeping in the front seat of my car for the 4 day s I was away from home worked for me  :-D