Author Topic: diesel classes  (Read 3509 times)

Offline Flying Squirrel

• New folks
    • Chasing Clouds
diesel classes
« on: August 12, 2009, 09:23:59 PM »
i see there is not a diesel lakester class. is it possible that they might start one? if so what will it take?
"danger is the spice of life" - Burt Munro.

Offline Morpheus

Re: diesel classes
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 09:31:24 PM »
IIRC you may run any internal combustion engine in a lakester, except in the Vintage classes.

McRat

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 10:05:24 PM »
There was a diesel lakester being built locally.  Not sure on the status.

Last I heard, the general consensus is that there is no need for more class expansion, and at a minimum, you'd need 3 cars to start a class.

My thoughts have always been to build what interests YOU, that way if you don't set a record or win the race, you still have a car you enjoy.

If you need any diesel advice concern late model pickup engines, I'm always happy to help.

Offline Flying Squirrel

• New folks
    • Chasing Clouds
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 11:06:55 PM »
ok thanks, being from kansas though i already have some stuff up my sleeve after running around with tractor pulling guys. but im sure ill be on here asking questions.
"danger is the spice of life" - Burt Munro.

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 06:50:56 AM »
Pat, congratulations, looks like you had a good Speedweek. Once again I was so busy racing I didnt get a chance to socialize much. I sure wanted to meet you and Kat.

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

McRat

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 11:39:48 AM »
Pat, congratulations, looks like you had a good Speedweek. Once again I was so busy racing I didnt get a chance to socialize much. I sure wanted to meet you and Kat.

Fred

Thanks!  Sorry I missed meeting you.

While I had an excellent time at Bonneville, our truck did not.  I never got a full run out of the truck before we broke.  I know it would have run over 200 if we had been able to do a full run.