Author Topic: Dining experiences at Loring  (Read 16593 times)

Offline Bob Wanner

Dining experiences at Loring
« on: August 10, 2009, 08:33:45 PM »
Same as the lodging, besides the fast food joints in Caribou, anybody find anyplace  remarkable ? That's positive or negatory, share your story. I personally planned on visiting two well recommended places right across the border, but sleep deprivation got me no further than Booger King and Mickey D's. Not to mention Pizza ,youwantcheese withthat? Hut.
All about the future, it's nice to have a decent meal, especially with the local favorites, when far away on the road. 
Anybody get the free fresh road kill Moose the FD gave out Sunday in the staging area ? You might have eaten our logo....
BOB  W

Offline 72tx340

• Hooked on speed
Re: Dining experiences at Loring
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 08:58:10 PM »
Theres a chinese food plase in caribou Jade palace
Better than fast food... Fredricks South Side cheap priced tons of food
 Pizza Hut bad service very slow....
In Presque Isle.....Ruby Tuesdays
                         Irish Setter Pub
                         Bonanza
                         Governors

This help?

Offline Matt Beil

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 09:12:11 PM »
Jade Palace in Caribou... Best Chinese food around!!!

I don't even go to Pizza Hut in Caribou any more.  On average, I was waiting for almost an hour for our food to come out. 
All the locals rave about Pizza Hut around here.  I don't care for it.  I think it taste no better than frozen pizza.  Then again, being a Long Islander; I am a pretty tough pizza customer to satisfy.  Nothing truly comes close up here.

If you want excellent pizza, go to Napoli's in Caribou and you should have your food in about 1/2 less than Pizza Hut. 

http://local.yahoo.com/info-35230327-napoli-s-italian-rstrnt-pzzr-caribou

The Greenhouse Restaurant at the Caribou Motor Inn is a pretty decent place too.

I've just about eaten at every place around here, so when I have more time, I will give a full personal review to help out.

Matt B.

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 10:07:30 PM »
     We had 2 good breakfasts and 2 good suppers at Reno's, was suggested by the lady on the desk at the Crown Park Inn.  Good food and service, reasonable cost.

Stopped at the Rendezvous twice, found the spaghetti nothing special the first time but the burgers were outstanding the 2n'd.

We tend to go for the down home Mom and Pop's, diner types, function over flash.

Ed

Offline RansomT

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 10:45:40 PM »
Governor's - one of the best I have eaten at that I didn't have to take a loan out.  :)

Offline Halvefast

• New folks
  • Texas Mile 200MPH Club- Oct. 2008 202.577mph
    • Halvefast-Racing
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 11:52:53 PM »
TFA should be chiming in anytime now,  :cheers:
they always seem to sniff out the best food on the road  :-D

Karl? Gary? Doug?
Rich Halverson

Offline roadracer

• TLN Motorsports/KWS/Brock's/DCW/Vortex/WWB
    • TLN Motorsports
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 06:03:40 AM »
I'll second the Napoli's.  We went on Friday night and it was full, but the service was very good along with the food.  I'll be going again next year.
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6rr (Worlds Fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile)
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R (4 200 MPH Clubs)
2008 Kawasaki EX-250R (Multiple ECTA and LTA records)
131 Land Speed Records set since 2008
125 Land Speed Racing records (including 3 Worlds Fastest Speeds) set since 2008.

Offline nakeum

• New folks
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 08:49:46 PM »
We stayed at the presquile inn, was real nice and the surf and turf was great, alittle small but good..

Offline Warp12

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 09:59:36 AM »
We stayed at the Caribou. I would characterize the food as not so great for the cost (hate to say it, but true). We also once had them fail to put in our room service order (found out after 45 minutes of wait), so we ordered pizza instead. I wish I could recall the name of the pizza place, as it was great..and they delivered. The hotel had the menus, and they were yellow. Perhaps someone remembers the name of the pizza place?

Shane

Offline mstrdinan

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 04:52:11 PM »
  Irish setter pub    in presque isle    great food     closing   (11pm)
  BUT
    closed on sunday :-o :-o :-o :-o

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2009, 12:42:46 AM »
Donna pointed me to a great cafe down in Presque Isle.  Cafe Sorpreso (sp?) was on the right side heading south in the heart of the old main street. Turn right down the hill in to a parking lot just south of their building.   It has a nice open airy atmosphere.  I had a great pasta dish.  Only problem I can see was that they turned people away around 8:30pm which makes it tough to get to in time.  Hopefully next year we can convince them to stay open later on Saturday at least.

Offline JimCompCNC

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 08:45:55 AM »
Bob, our group (karl,doug,gary,brenda,jake,bill,Johhny Cheeze,and myself) went to a new place Saturday night in Fort Fairfield on rt 167.  Maybe one of the others in the group can remember the name of the place...?

The food was excellent and after dinner the owner and the waitress came over and we chatted all about the race and where we all came from etc.  They didn't know about the race at all and were very interested.

On Sunday the waitress (didn't get her name) was at the races taking pictures and talking with the guys etc.

Offline half-fast

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2009, 09:20:27 AM »
I concur, stay away from the house place at the Caribou, service is absolutely rotten, and the pricing is not good.

We stayed at the Caribou. I would characterize the food as not so great for the cost (hate to say it, but true). We also once had them fail to put in our room service order (found out after 45 minutes of wait), so we ordered pizza instead. I wish I could recall the name of the pizza place, as it was great..and they delivered. The hotel had the menus, and they were yellow. Perhaps someone remembers the name of the pizza place?

Shane

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2009, 09:52:04 AM »
Jim ... I am interested in the place you mentioned ... maybe another member of the TFA crew can recall the name of the restaurant ... I am hoping that the Loring Development Authority was pleased with the way the event went and will invite us back next year ... It was a lot of work for the people that worked the event and I think that every one of us are looking forward to next year ... Joe

Offline bearingburner

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2009, 11:09:20 AM »
The Moose tasted like beef but was a bit chewy. The sasuage grinders from tghe High School seniors hit the spot.