Author Topic: Motorcycle class?  (Read 11095 times)

Offline wfojohn

Re: Motorcycle class?
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 09:00:16 AM »
Thats a good looking package, you have to try Maxton. You need to come this year and bring your son even if it is only to spectate. You are already hooked and if your son gets to walk the pits, talk to the riders, see inspections and watch the runs, be exposed to the landspeed experience he will be hooked for life. You can camp right at the track or go int town the hotels in the area are somewhat reasonable. Here is the link to the ECTA website  http://www.ecta-lsr.com/  There is a meet Sept 19 & 20  and the last one of the year is Oct 24&25. My son and I are 2 strokers also.
 Wfojohn

Offline Cafe Freak

• New folks
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009, 02:17:20 PM »
Nortonist
I found an Avon universal Roadrider for the rear and it appears it is similar in size to the 100/90/19 so I think I will be OK. For now I will mock up with a front that I have and will be prepared to change to the universal if I have to.
wfojohn
I agree, I would like to spectate this year but I dont know if we can make it..Do you know if under 18 can run in ECTA. 2008 rules 7.A.1 states all ECTA members in good standings can run but over 18 must hold a valid state lisence. My son can run BUB at Bonneville  but I am unsure about the ECTA at Maxton, ( he says he cant wait untill he is 18 LOL ) Nice to hear you guys are 2strokers also, I have rubbed of on my son and to him its not a motor if its not smoking, great kid!! I have another project you and your sonn might enjoy, its about a year in the making. RD350 based  TZ750 replica ( replica is used loosly) styled after TZ more of a resto mod.I will post a pic soon ....Thanks all, great info............Doug

Offline wfojohn

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009, 08:20:34 PM »
Cafe,

Not sure on the age thing. My son is waayy past 18. Rule book is out in the shop desk drawer but I know 12 is no way gonna do it at Maxton.

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2009, 10:53:35 PM »
From '09 ECTA rulebook:

Page 11, Rule 1.M in part;

"All drivers/riders shall have a current State issued driver's license".................."Cars-Competitors 16 years of age and older may compete with valid State issued driver's license.  Bikes-Competitors 18 years of age and older may compete with State issued driver's license.".................

Offline Cafe Freak

• New folks
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2009, 11:20:31 PM »
Thanks once again for all the help and getting us started..I will be moving this thread over to the build diaries soon. We are starting on my sons bike, I found a better project bike for him the other day. I picked up a great running 74 Kawasaki 100g3 2stroke with rotary valve case induction and we will be putting the motor into a 72 g4 frame with monoshock etc.....Lots of building hope to get more tips and comments from all of you there..............Doug

Offline RZ350

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2009, 07:02:35 PM »
If you need a RZ350 transmission or crankcases, I think I have some, I'd have to look through my spares.

My '84 RZ350 ex-racebike, now streetbike makes 61 HP on the rear wheel with the present tuning, I'm thinking of putting all of the race bits back on it and seeing what happens in a straight line... ;)
238 MPH at Bonneville

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2009, 11:05:00 PM »
If you need a RZ350 transmission or crankcases, I think I have some, I'd have to look through my spares.

My '84 RZ350 ex-racebike, now streetbike makes 61 HP on the rear wheel with the present tuning, I'm thinking of putting all of the race bits back on it and seeing what happens in a straight line... ;)
Make sure you run a front sprocket cover on it..

J

Offline RZ350

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2009, 01:56:26 AM »
Nah John, who needs countershaft sprocket covers, it's not like I'm gonna accidentally run my fingers through there....  :-D :wink: :lol:

Actually, it made them more aerodynamic, so it was the best of a bad situation! :-P

Anyhow, I play guitar left handed, so no worries...

238 MPH at Bonneville

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2009, 02:25:57 AM »
Nah John, who needs countershaft sprocket covers, it's not like I'm gonna accidentally run my fingers through there....  :-D :wink: :lol:

Actually, it made them more aerodynamic, so it was the best of a bad situation! :-P

Anyhow, I play guitar left handed, so no worries...

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Offline sabat

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2009, 09:12:13 AM »
Nice desktop wallpaper!  :-D

LittleLiner

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2009, 10:01:46 AM »

. .. . . . it's not like I'm gonna accidentally run my fingers through there.... , so no worries...

Bet you're glad that urinals are not chain driven . .  8-)

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2009, 10:09:37 AM »
 :-o  Don't have to worry about keeping your fingernails clean either.    Crow.   Nose pickin can be a problem tho!
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline bak189

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2009, 11:44:00 AM »
For tires for 18 and 19 inch wheels that are race rated.......RC Barker Eng. in Gainesville, Florida............
They have both Avon and Dunlop that are tires made for Vintage Racing......the harder compounds will work for LSR...
Question authority.....always

Offline coloradodave

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2009, 03:55:52 PM »
Willie Buchta just informed me on another thread that the ruling was we could not use the front tire on the rear for a drive tire?? I know this post is a page late but I'm confused now.
No regrets

Offline willieworld

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2009, 05:36:08 PM »
colorado---i think you missunderstood me ---the goodyear 22 x 2.5 x 17 cannot be used on any drive wheel---some tires have an arrow--some dont---if there is no arrow front or rear is ok--if there is an arrow and you are running a front on the rear the arrow should be facing the wrong way --this is just my openion and i have been doing it for years on street bikes that i build--i would do it on my race bike also but i wouldnt advise anyone else to ---you need to call the tire company rep and ask him or her    willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta