Author Topic: Another introduction to get to know everyone  (Read 7284 times)

Offline 72tx340

• Hooked on speed
Another introduction to get to know everyone
« on: August 06, 2009, 06:43:25 PM »
 I'm from Caribou and loved watching the races. If you would take a moment and introduce yourself and what you run. I dont know any of you yet....but cant wait to see everyone again!

Offline dstray

• New folks
Re: Another introduction to get to know everyone
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 07:13:43 PM »
Im a speed freak now thanks to all these people  I just happen to live in Caribou as well  :cheers:

Offline Warp12

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 07:23:53 PM »
I'm Shane and I run this 2007 Kawasaki ZX-14:

It went 211.97 MPH on Sunday.

My girlfriend Racheal runs this 2002 Turbo Hayabusa:

It went 228.322 on Sunday.

Perhaps you saw us out there.  :-)

Shane

Offline tedgram

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 07:50:30 PM »
  I'm Ted and I'm from Maine also. I grew up on Loring and Caribou in the 50's. My father was in charge of the Nike missiles that were there then. I drive an Audi TT that ran 140.975 while trying to stay at 139 mph. I'll be back next year with more safety equipment so I don't have to limit my speed.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 07:54:26 PM by tedgram »

Offline Matt Beil

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 10:00:05 PM »
Hello everybody.

I don't drive anything fancy, just a Wheeled Coach with flashing lights.  LOL  I was trying to get a pool together to scrape up 150 bucks and a helmet so I could take it on the track, but chief was being stubborn.    Seriously, what an amazing event!!!  I am hooked on this!  I will be following these racers from now on.  I can't wait for them to come back.  BTW, I'm from Limestone.  Thank you to all the visitors who came and were so eager to show their race machines and take time to talk without hesitation.  Everyone at the fire station is looking forward to your return.

Matt Beil

Offline gofast

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 10:11:48 PM »
Matt,
Any one would have lent you a helmet! And probably a ride too.

I was with the team driving the 306 corvette.
Bonneville is proof that God loves us and wants us to go fast.

Offline roadracer

• TLN Motorsports/KWS/Brock's/DCW/Vortex/WWB
    • TLN Motorsports
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 08:05:36 AM »
[img]I'm Greg from North Carolina.  We are TLN Motorsports/ACE Performance.  We run an 06 Kawasaki ZX-6RR which ran 190.118 at Loring on motor.  Fastest all motor pass on that size bike.  We also run a 08 EX-250R that is basically stock so far.  109 at Loring.
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6rr (Worlds Fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile)
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R (4 200 MPH Clubs)
2008 Kawasaki EX-250R (Multiple ECTA and LTA records)
131 Land Speed Records set since 2008
125 Land Speed Racing records (including 3 Worlds Fastest Speeds) set since 2008.

Offline Matt Beil

• New folks
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 09:24:35 AM »
gofast,

I have a video of your 189.921mph run.  PM me and I can e-mail it to you.

Matt Beil

Offline joe55

• New folks
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 11:19:07 AM »
Hi, i,m joe , roadster #55, went 216.569. We enjoyed our visit to your city and hope to return.

Offline rancheroman

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 12:01:11 PM »
Hi, Paul Calaguiro (Calaguiro Bros. Racing) 62 Ford Ranchero F/CFALT. We had an awesome weekend, local people are great........
Paul Calaguiro, 1962 Ranchero F/CGC  140 cu.in. SOHC Ford 4 cyl. Doug Nash 5 speed, 8.8 Ford rear-end. 2004 Dodge SRT-10 street pickup.

Offline bearingburner

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 04:50:07 PM »
Conrad Halberg go for on the Braces Greenhouse #260  blown rear engine modified Roadster.

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 06:50:49 PM »
To Matt Beil, Chris Durepo, Paul Durepo, actually anybody named Durepo or Cote ( most of the County), in the Limestone Fire Dept,
 We of the Loring Timing Association can not begin to tell you all how much we appreciated your  attendance at our event. Our Insurance required  specific vehicles and personell, which you provided. What we did not expect was all the volunteers that stayed through every minute, before actual racing and after,every day. The  finish line was covered, the start was covered, and I personally believe that race had better medical protection  than anything in  the country, either a race or the Interstate !
The slightest possibility of an incident was instantly swarmed by qualified personell, all weekend. Nice to have that comfort to rely on.
You guys and girls are the cream of The County , it was and will be a privilege to work with all of you in the Future !
The food you supplied worked out well, too. Next year we do friday, too ?
Matt, please to share this with all our Brothers up there, even Paul Barnes...
Bob Wanner

Offline Matt Beil

• New folks
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 08:13:26 PM »
Bob,

Thank you for those kind words.  Every firefighter and EMT at Limestone Fire Department are very passionate about our line of work.  Hearing compliments such as yours really give us a tremendous boost.  Having said that and not that we would have behaved any different, but your event was amazing!  The racers and team members were a treat to talk to as well as yourself and the other officials. Every one involved with your event had a family mentality towards each other and every one involved.  Even though we weren't racing, it was an honor to be involved with the event.  I truly believe that all of us will be following your events as you travel the country as now we are huge fans.  We eagerly await your return to Limestone.  I will be sure to share your kind words with all of the other members of the fire department.

Thanks again,

Matt Beil

Offline wrongway

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 07:28:19 PM »
Roy Brooks, Brooks Racing

I glad I made the trip !!! great people , nice track and awesome conditions. I ran my ZX-14 in a naked class.