Author Topic: Lodging experiences at Loring  (Read 3031 times)

Offline Bob Wanner

Lodging experiences at Loring
« on: August 10, 2009, 08:24:59 PM »
I'm trying to gather info on everybodies experiences staying at all the places in The County, or Canada for that matter. I only recommended the Caribou Inn and it's counterpart in Presque Isle as we had discounts with them, and I really could not find enough info about anyplace else that seemed verifiable. I did see all the racer stuff parked outside all the little motels and Dew Drops along Access 89, how were they ?
We really need this for next year, I got a feeling we may have a few more people showing up.
Bob W

Offline Matt Beil

• New folks
Re: Lodging experiences at Loring
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 08:57:51 PM »
Bob,

There is a brand new Hampton Inn opening in Presque Isle.  No reviews yet as it will not be open until the end of August.  I plan on staying there for a night just for sh*ts and giggles.  I will be sure to post of my experiences there.  Service, amenities, and such.  From what I see so far, it looks like it is going to be quite a nice place. 

Matt B.

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 09:51:22 PM »
    We had no problems with staying at the Crown Park Inn other than having to book more rooms than usual acct no more doubles available by the time we booked.  Our problem, life stuff mandated a late decision to go and resulting late planning.  Handy location at the corner of Rt 1 and ME 89 access Highway, had clean quiet rooms,  and I slept well.

Ed

Offline RansomT

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 10:58:30 PM »
Riverside Motor Court - 10 minutes from the pits on Access Hwy 89.

Mom and Pop place.  Very simple and basic.  My room was small, but CLEAN!  No pool, no room service, no bathtub (had a shower), and no air conditioner.  You can part right at your door and they have a huge selection of TV channels, my room had a new TV.  They charge by the number in your party, I was by myself.  My total cost for 3 nights was $121.65 ... I've stayed in places not as clean that charged that much for 1 night.

I say if you are on a tight budget and like staying near the track, bring your fan to put in the window.  But get your reservations in early, they only have a handful of rooms.

Offline Warp12

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 10:02:02 AM »
The Caribou Inn was decent enough. But that is place is hot. I don't know if they have slab heat or what, but with no a/c on the room would get to about 90 degrees before you knew it. The floor in the room stayed hot as well.

Other than that, it was pleasant enough and the clean and quiet. Good parking as well. I also thought the in-room coffee was pretty good!  :-)

Shane

Offline mstrdinan

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 04:46:18 PM »
Presque Isle Inn and Conference Center
  clean rooms ... great a/c
  fair price
 very good restaurant  (breakfast  and late supper).
 huge pool
 plenty of parking
  half hour to loring   (need supplies anyway)
 near plenty of restaurants