Author Topic: From the best view at Loring....  (Read 2234 times)

Offline Lt Aguy

• New folks
From the best view at Loring....
« on: August 05, 2009, 04:10:32 AM »
I have been to Maxton and knew what it was basically all about. Yet actually helping to run an event is a different story.  When I was asked(told) to be the timer guy, I had no idea what to expect.  I was actually terrified that I was going to screw up every single run and have 80 racers want to kill me.  Thankfully Chris and I were able to get the hang of it pretty quick. 

Joe & Donna Timney never stop helping, never stop answering questions, and are up pretty Dodge late doing the behind the scenes stuff while most have gone to bed. I am very glad to have met Joe Daley and John Yawwwwwn,  on Sunday as they sat by the timing table all day(a very lonely place but with the best view of the racers). Mark Sotomayor, I had never met before and after 4 days, I felt like I had known him my whole life.  He made everything easy and comfortable (if only he turned the AC off when running his Porsche…such potential :).

“…we have a moose sighting beside the track….. no…. seriously…”

The two Bobs responsible for this event are still sane….somewhat.  With a little help from their friends, made a helluva memorable weekend for racers and spectators.

Thanks again Joe T. for the endless pointers, and I am glad you got a few laughs by my transmissions and general discomfort :) ….

Oh, if anyone plans on attaching a camera to their vehicle (bikes especially) please bolt/screw/duct tape/glue it so it does not fall off….twice…. it drives a track volunteer mad.

Again, thanks to everyone who participated… If we keep our fingers crossed maybe we can do it again next year. 

Until then Hold the course, hold the course, hold the course…..track is closed.

Timer Matt

ps Results are posted on the LTA site..

Offline tedgram

Re: From the best view at Loring....
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 06:21:01 AM »
  No results yet!

Offline Peter Jack

Re: From the best view at Loring....
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 06:25:56 AM »
I looked at them a couple of hours ago. Click on Loring Timing Association on the Landracing.com home page. Click on LTA or Loring Timing Association on their home page. Click on Results on the left side of that page. Voila!

Pete