That is great that you made the bushing and installed the pilot bushing.
You do more of the work that matters, I just do the grunt work.
In the last picture, I believe we had mounted and dialed in the bell housing. We also drilled and installed locating pins. we bolted on the transmission and figured out where the pilot shaft set in relation to the crankshaft. I assume Rich remembered what we decided since he made the bushing and installed the pilot bearing.
Since that point Rich milled a little bit off the flywheel so there was plenty of clearance between the bell housing plate and the flywheel.
We mounted the starter. That involved machining a mounting plate and then figuring out how to mount it to the bell housing plate. We had a small side issue of having to orient the starter so that the solenoid would not interfere with the oil supply manifold. All in all I think it went very smooth. It took a while because I was running all over this summer and didn't get out to work on it as much as I had hoped.
Rich fabricated the oil supply manifold during the week a couple weeks ago and installed it. The manifold mounts on fittings brazed to the oil pan which supply the mains.
I think this last weekend we worked on making plates to cover up various holes like where the original starter used to mount on the block.
And just to put it chronological order, Rich made the bushing for the end of the crank and installed the pilot bearing.
Rich had an old breather tube assy and we are going to modify it and make a road draft tube to help vent the crankcase. There is already a breather near the top of the crankcase. the road draft tube is supposed to help suck air through the top breather and out through the road draft tube by creating a vacuum. We need to fabricate a cap, even though I am doing all the work Rich may have that done by the time I get out to help again.
Once the gears are ready then we can clean and button up the engine.
Once that is done I think the plan is to set the engine in the roadster, fabricate the mounts to attach it to the frame, then figure out where to mount the alternator, fuel pump, and oil pump. We did a little simple figuring a while back and Rich expects the hood will need a big bulge to cover the engine with the M & B head on it. So that will be worked on as well as routing/rerouting various wires/lines etc.
How is that. I keep meaning to take my camera out a take some pics, but I keep forgetting.