We started out to do some welding today, but between me and the welder it just wasn't working out. Rich is going to have a professional come over and finish welding the plates we put in to limit side to side movement.
In the meantime we needed to bleed the brakes and fill the trans with gear oil.
When we tried to open the brake bleeders, they both broke off.......
Rich blamed "Wendover Lock-tite"
We went to the NAPA store in Burlingame and they had wheel cylinders for a 1956 Oldsmobile in stock.
A couple hours later we had brakes again.
I think we were both a little disappointed that bleeding the brakes turned into replacing the wheel cylinders but we took care of it and now we know the brakes are in good shape.
Sorry for no pics, there was much rust and brake dust and I left my camera in the bag!
Then we filled the trans with gear oil and called it a day.
Rich plans to make two aluminum plates for each of the side to side restraints to mount the foam on. Then he plans to drop said plates with foam off at the upholstery shop to have them covered.
Next week we hope to start the engine and I will take a video and hopefully figure out how to post it.