Author Topic: Land Speed Racing in FLORIDA! 1 mile Sign ups filled, waiting list started  (Read 14241 times)

Offline bvillercr

Re: Land Speed Racing in FLORIDA! 1 mile Sign ups filled, waiting list started
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2009, 05:06:57 PM »
............"""what could go wrong?"""............

......that statement..........speaks for itself..............

+1  :-o

Offline NOT A TA

• New folks
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2009, 10:55:48 PM »
............"""what could go wrong?"""............

......that statement..........speaks for itself..............

Got that right! I told them if it doesn't look safe I'm not even taking my car out of the trailer. I'll just watch and take pics.

Bad Jag: come find me if you go I'll have a red 70 Firebird or if it looks sketchy all you'll see is a white Ford dually and a white 24' enclosed all locked up LOL

Offline Big Nana

• New folks
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2009, 03:09:34 PM »
I was seeing this too and was wanting to go, but nobody wants to make the drive down there and I agree, the lack of safty is high on my list of this is going to be a BIG... Looky Here.... BANG!!! oops! So I hope somebody takes video, if nothing else, you might win some money.

Offline entropy

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2009, 06:17:25 AM »
The area looks good but the lack of safety requirements seem a bit scary.  Like Texas, I hope it doesn't take someone losing thier life before they start taking safety equipment seriously.

Whoa.  Just saw this.

Either I don't understand what you mean to say, or you are WAY off base. WAY-WAY-WAY off base.

I've been racing at the Texas Mile since 1st event in Oct 2003.
They take the safety equipment & rescue capability issues VERY seriously.

Offline Johntsi

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2009, 09:27:08 PM »
I mean both of these venues do not have the safety requirements of all the real LSR tracks.  Like having to have a chute to go 175, a cage to go over 135, fire surpression systems, door nets, roof rails, head enclosure past 200, and the worn safety equipment rules just to start with. You say you have been racing in Texas since 2003, you must not go to any real LSR tracks or events or you would know what I mean by the lack of safety equipment.

Offline entropy

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2009, 02:02:10 AM »
I mean both of these venues do not have the safety requirements of all the real LSR tracks.  Like having to have a chute to go 175, a cage to go over 135, fire surpression systems, door nets, roof rails, head enclosure past 200, and the worn safety equipment rules just to start with. You say you have been racing in Texas since 2003, you must not go to any real LSR tracks or events or you would know what I mean by the lack of safety equipment.

i've only run at Texas, Maxton, Loring, haven't seen "all the real LSR tracks" by which you mean Bonneville events?

Also I ride a bike, so i don't pay detailed attention to cars, but i do see plenty of fire extinguishers, roll cages, parachutes, door nets, head restraints, etc.

I know nothing at all about Miami, but do know that the Texas organizers are VERY diligent about safety.

But no matter how diligent the organizers are, ultimately MY SAFETY IS MY RESPONSIBILITY, and I take that seriously.   :cheers:

Offline stratman59

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2009, 06:20:31 AM »
But no matter how diligent the organizers are, ultimately MY SAFETY IS MY RESPONSIBILITY, and I take that seriously.   

Amen

Robbie