Author Topic: Loring results  (Read 43453 times)

Offline Stan Back

Re: Loring results
« Reply #105 on: November 23, 2009, 11:04:58 AM »
He did get the record at a World of Speed event where the scrutiny is not as great as SpeeWeek.  It was later taken away for illegal fender modifications.

In the Loring pictures it shows the hood sides to be a different shade than the rest of the car.  And the rows of louvers have extras on the bottom leading to the belief that the hood sides are not parallel as they should be.  And it appears to be using the previous hood top which leaves a pie-slice opening as it appears the bottom of the grille shell has been kicked out.  Why make new side panels if the grille shell has not been relocated?

I don't know the Loring rules.  Or the ECTA rules.  But I think the car would run B (if that's the engine size) / Gas Modified Roadster in SCTA if it lost the fenders.  It's not legal in Gas or Fuel Roadster either.  But east of the Mississippi it apparently can run AA/Fuel Roaster in its present configuration.

Still a fast run.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2009, 11:33:29 AM »
Looks like   "Optical Confusion" to me,,, Nice Car and Nice Run.

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #107 on: November 23, 2009, 04:40:18 PM »
I wonder how the scrutiny might be different at World of Speed than it is at SpeedWeek or World Finals.  In all three events -- the fellow doing the record certifications is the ever-famous Dan Warner.

Unless you're implying that Dan caught it at WoS and denied the record -- that might be.

Best --
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2009, 06:23:33 PM »
He did get the record at a World of Speed event where the scrutiny is not as great as SpeeWeek.  It was later taken away for illegal fender modifications.

Stan

Stan, I thought you were providing the scrutiny for roadsters...  :roll: at all the meets.  Did ya run outta Hundreds?  Should I lend you a few, my rates are less than Freud's
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2009, 08:18:57 PM »
No foul on Dan.  He's limited with resources at WOS.  He may write all the rules, but he hasn't memorized them in all categories and classes.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records