Author Topic: Your FIRST TIME, your BEST TIME, and your NEXT TIME!  (Read 3526 times)

Offline Rocky R

• Author/Land Speed Racing Site
Your FIRST TIME, your BEST TIME, and your NEXT TIME!
« on: July 31, 2009, 10:16:19 PM »
This is an open invitation to all two wheel land speed racers to share your story for my next SALT ADDICTION feature. What I'd like to hear from you is:

Your FIRST TIME: Your first pass down the salt. What did it feel like? How did you feel? What were your thoughts as you waited for the starter to point at you and give you clearance to run? How did it go?

Your BEST TIME: Tell us about your best two-wheeled pass. (Doesn't have to be on the same bike as your first pass.) What changes did you make to get you there? Did you know how fast you were going? What worked and what didn't work? How was the conditions, and did you think you could have still gone faster?

Your NEXT TIME: What are your goals for the future? What changes will have to be made to get you there? How does your significant other feel about you going that fast? How do YOU feel about going that fast? What is your ultimate goal as a land speed racer and where do you draw the line and say that is fast enough?

Don't put your answers here! Email them to me so they will appear in the article. I will also need a picture from you that I can use but we can go over that by email.
Send your story to me here:
author@rocky-robinson.com

Thanks for sharing. I'll use as many as space permits. (this includes ALL FORMS of motorcycles: scooters, sport bikes, sidecars, streamliners, everything and everyone!)

Rocky Robinson

Super Kaz

Re: Your FIRST TIME, your BEST TIME, and your NEXT TIME!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 02:54:47 PM »
Rocky,
Can we just Copy and Paste it from a ALREADY WRITTEN/TYPED Story I wrote on another Forum?
I can't type or spell worth a Beans :-(.
Where is my LSR Hero John "WORLDS FASTEST" Noonan when I need him :oops:?
I've got a couple pretty Good{Believe it or not} Stories for ya :-o!
BUB has ruined me for LIFE { I'm a LSR RACEAHOLIC,,and my name is Kaz :|},and the Roller Coaster Ride of my Life!
Heck I'd need to write a book about the UPS and DOWNS I've had Chasing My LSR DREAMS :lol:!
Keep up the Great Work!
Your Obsessed/Obnoxious LSR Brother-en,
S/K :cheers:

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 03:09:39 PM »
Kaz,

Get your Crayons and eye liner pencil and write down or make marks that look similar to letters of the alphabet, then put them in order to looks like words and I will do my best to decipher and translate to the rest of the humans.. :cheers:

I will then send your Hieroglyphics €¥Ωⱶ¿§ to Rocky as written words.

:-D

Super Kaz

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 03:55:57 PM »
Kaz,

Get your Crayons and eye liner pencil and write down or make marks that look similar to letters of the alphabet, then put them in order to looks like words and I will do my best to decipher and translate to the rest of the humans.. :cheers:

I will then send your Hieroglyphics €¥Ωⱶ¿§ to Rocky as written words.

:-D

That was SWEET :-D!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH :mrgreen:!

YOU R THE BEST ,and WORLDS FASTEST!!! :cheers:

Offline Rocky R

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 12:07:48 AM »
And John, don't forget to add your story too!
You too Larry Coleman, Richard Assen, Sam Wheeler, Craig Anderson, the Lamberd Brothers, Team Arrow, Debbie Dross, Leslie Portefield, Jason McVicar, the Klocks, Etc., etc., etc...

Chris Carr, Dave Campos, Boris Murray, come one, come all...

And anyone else who'd like to share.

Thanks again,

Rocky

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 05:18:13 AM »
Reckon I can throw something together but better get my butt down that salt first.  Cant wait!
Oz
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline Rocky R

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 12:17:39 AM »
Not quite enough yet to do a feature.
What I have so far is great, but keep them coming. This is good stuff guys/gals!

Rocky

Offline MotoHawk

• New folks
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 12:49:36 AM »
This is quite an undertaking, thanks for asking, you want the short or long version of what it takes to make that first run down the salt? We are all reminising, I am thinking that wether it was 20 or 1 year ago, it is pretty fresh in our minds. I will write up a version, and save it for my grandchildren too. Did you write your version yet?
MetalMike

Offline Rocky R

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 01:22:23 AM »
Give enough detail that I have room to edit down. Remember, its all about the journey...not just the number posted. The perspiration and anxiety and feeling of accomplishment...or failure. Land speed racing is mighty addicitive, I'm hoping you guys/gals will share your addiction.