Author Topic: leaving race vehicles on the salt  (Read 4009 times)

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
leaving race vehicles on the salt
« on: July 26, 2009, 02:59:54 PM »
Might sound like a silly question but is it ok to leave the race vehicle "my Bike" on the salt in the pit area overnight and if so is it safe out there all on its lonesome.
CheersOz
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

McRat

Re: leaving race vehicles on the salt
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 03:02:39 PM »
Might sound like a silly question but is it ok to leave the race vehicle "my Bike" on the salt in the pit area overnight and if so is it safe out there all on its lonesome.
CheersOz

Most racers leave their cars/bikes on the salt in their pits overnight.  If you are in impound (setting a record), you do not have a choice.  Nobody is allowed on the salt at night, so it's pretty safe.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 03:05:25 PM »
There is security at roads end. The salt must be clear by att at 8:00pm
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 03:07:20 PM »
It's safer there than any option I can think of.  Probably safer than when it's at home.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 03:11:14 PM »
Cool Thanks guys just didnt fancy dragging it to and fro to koa every day if the soggy bit at lands end is anything like it was in 07

Its pretty safe at home Stan its got a German shepherd dog and a bad ass with a shotgun looking after it!!

but that is reasuring.

Cheers Oz
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

LVMAXX

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 03:18:39 PM »
 :-D
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 09:35:14 AM by LVMAXX »

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 08:56:26 PM »
There will be security 24 hrs a day on the salt!!  My security people cover the pit area as well as at Land's End!!  No one has to worry about any of their equipment, my team is trained, experienced, and if there's a problem, I'll come packing, and no, I don't keep the bullet in my pocket, I keep it in the chamber!!!

Feel better?  Good!!  Just trying to do my job...keeping you and yours safe on the salt!!

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 09:06:47 PM »
Lynda's packin' heat.....yes M'am!

Rgards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline GH

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 08:14:43 AM »
I guess Barney is the only one who carries the bullet in her pocket, right??? See you in a few days!!!

LVMAXX

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 09:51:27 AM »
 :-D
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 09:34:25 AM by LVMAXX »

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 11:50:58 AM »
LOL excellent hope I dont have to go back and get a screwdriver or something out of my toolbox might be a short week!!

I am sure I didnt type bad acura, reckon i have been moderated but you get the idea thanks guys I feel safe as houses!!