Author Topic: Local Directions to track?  (Read 3529 times)

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
Local Directions to track?
« on: July 24, 2009, 09:21:46 AM »
Maybe it's out there but I couldn't easily find it so how about putting it here?
How about some local directions to the track. For example:
  • An exact address to the track for the mapquest & GPSers.
  • Exactly (turn by turn) how to get from the Caribou Inn to the track.
  • Exactly (turn by turn) how to get from Presque Isle to the track
  • The most direct route (turn by turn) to the track from the main highway (95 to route 1...?).
  • Where to go when you get to the track entrance.

I think it's time to fine tune us with directions to get us in there! Nows the time as people are getting ready to get on the road! There is nothing more frustrating after driving many miles and many hours then to be within 10 minutes of the track and not be sure where you are going all while towing a trailer. You know how it is to have to make a u-turn in the middle of nowhere with the entire rig!

Thanks!
Debbie
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline Commuta_Busa

Re: Local Directions to track?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 02:05:09 PM »
I'm gonna follow the guy in front of me so if you and Todd are staying at the Caribou just follow me.  :wink:

Offline Chris Durepo

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 06:08:27 PM »
Ok for you GPS guys this address will get you on the runway where you need to be 24 New Mexico Rd, Loring Cm Ctr, ME 04750. Then just take a right on to snow barn road and follow it to the end of the runway. Not all the roads on Loring are on GPS must have been to secret or something back in the day.

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 06:23:39 PM »
Thank you so much Chris!  :cheers:
Todd really enjoyed chatting with you today and I'm looking forward to speaking with you at the track Friday!
Wow, that's like exactly a week! Crap... I have work to do!  :-o

Lol
Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 10:05:25 AM »
Directions;
Most everybody will be coming from the south off I-95 exit 302 at Houlton.
Proceed North on US 1. About  1/3 up you'll enter Mars Hill, where you can bear left in town for the way up if you are staying in Presque Isle or Caribou, or go straight all the way to Limestone, after which you'd bear left on Access rd 89 . As far as I've seen, both rds are labeled US 1.
Whether one goes up the left (west) side,one goes up the right (east) side, both take you to access rd 89 which borders the south side of the Base and leads to our Track. On Access rd 89 will be signs guiding you to the track.
If you have a GPS or Mapquest or similar, use  24 New Mexico Road
Limestone, Maine 04750 , Mark Sotomayors business on base , IMPAC, as a reference address. Our signs also lead you right by his place on the way in.
Again, be very aware of the speed limits, especially in the small towns. Presque Isle is 25 mph !
Also, as a few people mentioned, I- 295 as a short cut  option to I-95 is not valid currently, major roadwork and totally closed in some stretches.
Bob W

Offline half-fast

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 06:14:42 PM »
Look for Cote Corners om 89, I buzzed rigth by it the first time driving from limestone, head north from Cote corners and follow the signs

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 07:40:18 PM »
By Saturday afternoon all the signs were stolen ... it appears that there was a rush for LTA stuff ...

Joe

Offline tedgram

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 09:03:35 PM »
   I got there Sunday morning and there were no signs, I kinda felt my way along saw the hangers so I knew I was close went up the right road and turned to go by the hanger and the fire dept came along so I followed them onto the runway.

By Saturday afternoon all the signs were stolen ... it appears that there was a rush for LTA stuff ...

Joe