Author Topic: Travel Route to Loring  (Read 5769 times)

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
Re: Travel Route to Loring
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2009, 07:15:46 AM »
Have a safe trip! We'll see ya there!
Debbie
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline half-fast

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2009, 11:59:28 PM »
Deb & Todd,

When are you travelling up? I'm leaving Thurs and only driving to Waterville, and the rest of the way on Fri.

Offline Bobbyhotrods

• New folks
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 08:51:34 AM »
Bob Wanner and I got pinched just after getting onto Route 1 in Houlton last time up. You'll feel relief getting off 95 knowing you're getting close, but that policecar coming over the crest ahead probably has radar pointed at you.
Have a safe drive everybody, see you in a few days. BJ

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2009, 10:04:40 AM »
Directions;
Most everybody will be coming from the south off I-95 exit 302 at Houlton.
Proceed North on US 1. About  1/3 up you'll enter Mars Hill, where you can bear left in town for the way up if you are staying in Presque Isle or Caribou, or go straight all the way to Limestone, after which you'd bear left on Access rd 89 . As far as I've seen, both rds are labeled US 1.
Whether one goes up the left (west) side,one goes up the right (east) side, both take you to access rd 89 which borders the south side of the Base and leads to our Track. On Access rd 89 will be signs guiding you to the track.
If you have a GPS or Mapquest or similar, use  24 New Mexico Road
Limestone, Maine 04750 , Mark Sotomayors business on base , IMPAC, as a reference address. Our signs also lead you right by his place on the way in.
Again, be very aware of the speed limits, especially in the small towns. Presque Isle is 25 mph !
Also, as a few people mentioned, I- 295 as a short cut  option to I-95 is not valid currently, major roadwork and totally closed in some stretches.
Bob W