Author Topic: Ken Warby?  (Read 1975 times)

Offline Mugs914

• New folks
Ken Warby?
« on: July 23, 2009, 06:12:29 PM »
I know we are primarily a Land speed forum so I beg your indulgance, but I'm thinking someone might know what has happened to Ken Warby?

I know he got his boat up and running almost four years ago now, then dropped out of sight. Anyone know what he's been up to?
It was looking like he was all geared up to take a run at the record then nothing.

Cheers,

Mike
Cheers,

Mike Mulligan

Mulligan Racing Development
Vista, Ca.
Mugsxr4@pacbell.net

Robin UK

Re: Ken Warby?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 12:24:45 PM »
He was over here in the UK last year and met with some of the Speed Record Club guys at Coniston. Basically, he's retired I think. With no challengers on the scene, there isn't much incentive to push things any higher. If Malcolm Pittwood reads this he can provide the full story.

Robin

Offline Mugs914

• New folks
Re: Ken Warby?
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 07:27:21 PM »
Cheers Robin. That is kind of what I had figured.

Shame, really. Seemed like his new boat was good to go. I wonder if he will ever sell it on to someone else...

I don't suppose there is any chance of a challenger for the record any time soon. Quicksilver seems to be so busy re-designing their boat that they don't have time to actually build it! Every time I visit the website the thing looks different! Still, they are have to be the odds-on favorite over Russ Wicks; He doesn't seem very serious about anything other than press releases.
Cheers,

Mike Mulligan

Mulligan Racing Development
Vista, Ca.
Mugsxr4@pacbell.net