Author Topic: Respect to the User of this forum  (Read 11992 times)

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Re: Respect to the User of this forum
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2009, 05:35:58 AM »
It's hard not to love that fellow.

FREUD

Oh man.  That pic looks familiar.  :|

I believe it might have been Pork Pie who offered to take pictures of our truck last year at Speed Week but I had to decline due to family considerations.  I had already promised my kids to play with them. 

Pork Pie, if that was you, I hope you didn't take offense, as none was intended.

I think not.....due to this that normally the racers comes to me and ask to do picture from there racer.....they keeps me busy enough  :-D  .......but there is no wonder that I look familiar.......after all the years at the salt I'm a part of the salt.......when I'm around the starting line you will see me about 20-30 yards out on the track to pick the starting racer from the front with the starting grid behind.

A other reason why I think it was not me.......the color of you racer  :roll: ....white  :| .......an absolute nightmare for a photographer.....white on white..... but otherwise....if I had done picture from you, you would be very happy with them :wink: I think so........

Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

McRat

« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2009, 12:16:47 PM »
I think not.....due to this that normally the racers comes to me and ask to do picture from there racer.....they keeps me busy enough  :-D  .......but there is no wonder that I look familiar.......after all the years at the salt I'm a part of the salt.......when I'm around the starting line you will see me about 20-30 yards out on the track to pick the starting racer from the front with the starting grid behind.
A other reason why I think it was not me.......the color of you racer  :roll: ....white  :| .......an absolute nightmare for a photographer.....white on white..... but otherwise....if I had done picture from you, you would be very happy with them :wink: I think so........

That's good.  The gentleman had a European accent, and was upset that I wouldn't take the truck out of impound to get pictures for a diesel mag.  I felt I might have come off as grouchy.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 12:22:26 PM by McRat »

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2009, 02:57:38 PM »
taking the racer out of the impound - who is getting a so crazy idea......  :roll:

May be a first time tourist from Europe.....but I think I didn't count anymore as a beginner  :-D

But, honestly, if you like to make a shooting with the truck....let me know....may be I can catch you on the starting line, too....what color got your parachute?
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

McRat

« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2009, 11:44:36 PM »
I'd love to get some pictures of our truck if you get any.   :cheers:  It has a black parachute, and will be running the short course.  It has lots of stickers on it now, since I heard that each sticker is worth 10 horsepower.  So I added 200 HP.

Yes, I would agree a fat white 3/4 ton truck isn't a very sexy model for photography.  But what else would a fat white 3/4 ton guy drive?  :D

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2009, 07:04:12 AM »
Even if it is white it certainly is not hard to find.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 07:40:11 AM by fredvance »
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2009, 10:44:34 AM »
Just look for the big black cloud following it. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

McRat

« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2009, 10:58:51 AM »
Just look for the big black cloud following it. :cheers:

When the cloud changes from black to white, that means we are through for the week.  It's just like a surrender flag, except there is no French content on the truck.

Super Kaz

« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2009, 09:47:48 AM »
Porkpie,

Please post the email from the sender, I am sure he meant to send it to us as well... :wink:

Dang,
I'd hate to think what IT would say about Me :-P!

Pork Pie,
Your a JEWEL,and don't you ever forget it!!! :cheers:
Your Friend 4 Life,
S/K