Author Topic: Respect to the User of this forum  (Read 11995 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Respect to the User of this forum
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2009, 06:51:52 AM »
PP, Thanks for your Tolarance ---The real moron is the guy who sent you the e-mail---he should have applied LSR aero principles to his mouth..

"It doesn't much matter how you open the hole, as how you close the hole", Pork Pie ---on the salt west Utah USA!!!!!!!!!

the MORON should have just not opened his mouth!!!!!!!!!!  look forward to seening you on the salt  :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2009, 09:20:15 AM »
only know you from this forum and would
appreciate your continued input.

franey
bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007

Online jl222

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2009, 11:49:52 AM »

Even though you make mistakes in translation I can always understand your informative post. keep up the good work.

That guy was a real sizchengobbler. ''not sure of spelling'' [taught to me by an older German who would yell ''sizchengobbler'' as the cars honked passing his old Volkswagen after holding them up on San Marcos pass] :-)

JL222 :cheers:

Offline racergeo

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2009, 01:29:38 PM »
  P Pie, you got my respect!  Landspeed racings best photog and biggest fan. Your actually too cool for this site.   WE'RE NOT WORTHY  Your Friend George

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2009, 02:27:18 PM »
not so ---he has SALT FEVER---  just like the rest of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Freud

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2009, 02:57:43 PM »
Bonneville is difficult to explain to our friends that live here in the US of A.

Think about trying to explain it to someone in a foreign country !!

That's the task that faces Pork Pie.

No wonder he is at home over here.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2009, 02:59:40 PM »
It's hard not to love that fellow.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline RichFox

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2009, 03:35:32 PM »
I would think that the person who wrote the email in question, having such strong opinion, would stand up and support his statement. You don't think he is ashamed of himself do you?

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2009, 04:42:52 PM »
I don't think he's bright enuf to be ashamed of himself.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2009, 04:50:30 PM »
Rich, outstanding thought....
I would be interested to know the part of PPs posts that the person has the most difficulty with.... And if he does not speak or write in German maybe they can settle this... he can try it using a translator...
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline k.h.

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2009, 04:53:24 PM »
Herrn Pie--
I enjoy the old joke that starts:  Wie nennt jemanden der drei Sprache spricht? . . .
You are a "resource" for LSR history and photographic documentation.  It is greatly appreciated.  Keep up the good work.  As your poet Schiller said, "Against stupidity, the gods themselves agonize in vain."  My "Kauderwelsch" gehts in Germany, your English works here.  Tzusch. 
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.  But in practice, there is.--Jan L. A. Van de Snepscheut

LittleLiner

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2009, 05:18:26 PM »
Please stay on the board Pork Pie.  I always find your posts to be well written and easy to understand plus very informative.

ich spreche nur ein bisson Deutsch. 

If I ever get to the Salt Flats you are one of the people on my list of 'people I must meet and talk to'.

Vielen Dank mein freund

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2009, 06:52:49 PM »
Noonan, those translation sites never work ! It's all about syntax and dialect and like that. The Germans have about 7 different Dialects in the old West Germany alone.
My family over there in the Stuttgart area speak something nobody that was taught either HS or College German in the USA would understand. It's practically code. If only the Schwabians (THEM) talked on the radio in WW II, the allies would never have solved ENIGMA.
Here's the key, they say " Up the street come soldiers marching down", that's the secret.
Herr Bob Wanner... LTA Co-Obermeister

McRat

« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2009, 07:15:49 PM »
It's hard not to love that fellow.

FREUD

Oh man.  That pic looks familiar.  :|

I believe it might have been Pork Pie who offered to take pictures of our truck last year at Speed Week but I had to decline due to family considerations.  I had already promised my kids to play with them. 

Pork Pie, if that was you, I hope you didn't take offense, as none was intended.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2009, 02:01:55 AM »
Bob,

I understand, I work for a German company.... :cheers: