Author Topic: Respect to the User of this forum  (Read 11991 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Respect to the User of this forum
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 01:53:51 PM »
and he gets free water from everyone. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline DallasV

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 01:59:45 PM »
Porkpie, I don't know whom is e-mailing you this crap but apparently they are a teatotler. Because when I have trouble decoding one of your posts I take a couple of shots and re-read, and the post makes perfect sense. tell this jack-azz get your beer goggles on and enjoy.

P.S. Don't worry about the moron thing I get that at least once a day....by my wife no less.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 02:05:29 PM by DallasV »
Records or parts, I didn't come all this way not to break something.

Offline redrock_2003

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 02:39:34 PM »
   Porkpie... My Dad had the pleasure of meeting you a couple of years ago while he was at speedweek and he said that you were quite a pleasant person and truly had a love of the sport. Don't let a "moron" get under you skin. Looking forward to seeing you out on the salt.

Offline bak189

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2009, 03:13:56 PM »
NO, it was no me..who wrote Pork Pie and called him a name.....Pork Pie has a outstanding knowledge of international LSR and I find it always very informative to read his input on this Forum...........................
And Pork Pie .....don't be so sensitive...........your the NEW generation of Germans, whom I have found
in the present and the past to be outstanding people to deal with on a personal and business basis............
NOW the OLD generation is another story.....having barely lived thru 5 years of German occupation in Holland as a young man (WW-2)............Oh, well, that's a other long story...................................
Pork Pie, stay on the Forum your information has helped many of us understand the history of international LSR...
Question authority.....always

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2009, 04:44:49 PM »
Porkie --

Don't even think about it.  I've never had a problem with your English -- here or in person.  And I've learned a few things and had a few laughs, too.  See you at SW.

Stan Back
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2009, 10:45:46 PM »
Hey BAK189 !
What's the Cut-Off date for old Germans ?
I was over there in the Army 65-67, visited family periodically after that, last time there the week of 9/11.

My take now is they are more American than we are now, more liberal, more Green, and drink wine and beer more like Bud. They're still anal engineer minded, but little else of Der Alten Tagge.

PORK !!!..You got to post that email !!!! We need a fresh Bulls -Eye, all out of FRs and nameless guy.

Bob W ...wandered off my site...

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2009, 11:00:23 PM »
English is tough even if you are born here. If you don't speak to someone on a regular basis it is very hard.

In this world there is always someone that is not going to like you for some reason. There are far, far more that do like you.

Keep posting. You are one of the best sources of information!
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline bak189

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2009, 11:06:07 PM »
Bob W....the "cutoff" date is born after 1946........................

Regarding, German engineering and smarts.......I remember very well what my old Dad used to say.......
" Germans are considered to be very smart people, if that is so, how come they lost two World Wars"

OK, the past is gone.....look to the future......Hell, I even raced BMW's both on solo bikes and sidecars for many years.....great engineering......great product..........................................................................

Stay on the forum, Pork Pie....we need your input...........................................................................
Question authority.....always

Offline Freud

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2009, 11:10:12 PM »
Pork Pie.............divert all the hate mail to Herr Freudenberger @drfreud99@aol. I know how to hit the ignore button and besides that I

have friends that if they just get his name he will wish they had not.

Salt fotogs come in a special "breach born" package and we need to hang together.  After all, where would I get all the fotos I post if it

wasn't for you.  The viewers love them.

You can get shade and water at the Kilo Klub. We will also validate your parking pass.  Kepner authorized me to invite you.

I'm looking forward to seeing u soon,

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2009, 11:47:30 PM »
Thomas, most folks have trouble spotting a real moron, please post a copy of the hate mail so the rest of us are able to show him the mirror
See ya on the salt  8-)
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2009, 11:53:29 PM »
Thomas, most folks have trouble spotting a real moron, please post a copy of the hate mail so the rest of us are able to show him the mirror
See ya on the salt  8-)

Amen, Please post the entire email so we can also send him our "kind regards"

J

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2009, 12:13:09 AM »
Porkpie,
Sie sollte ich diese Person verletzt .... Lassen Sie sich nicht ein schlechter Mensch, Sie zu stoppen tun etwas, das Sie lieben. Willie aufgebracht wird mindestens einmal pro Woche, und ich ihm sagen, dass die Idioten sind einfach, was sie wollen, und das ist es, die ihn stören. Bitte nicht die in dieser Moron. Wir freuen uns auf Ihren Besuch auf Speedweek. Es wird nicht das gleiche, ohne dass Sie auf dieser Website, wenden Sie sich bitte so bleiben.
Willie und Sheri

P.S. Come see us at the bend in the road. We have a package with your name on it.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2009, 01:56:35 AM »
Porkpie,    
You should I hurt this person .... Do not be a bad person, you stop doing something you love. Willie is applied at least once per week, and I tell him that the idiots are simply what they want, and that is disturbing him. Please not in this Moron. We look forward to your visit to SpeedWeeks. It is not the same without you on this website, please do so
P.S. Come see us at the bend in the road. We have a package with your name on it.

:wink:

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2009, 02:36:25 AM »
If everybody likes you there's something wrong......... we( me , and those above) like and respect your input, opinions and work. I can't say that for everyone on this site but if we all agreed I'd leave.This sport is unique because it brings together people with innumerable solutions to one question AND they help each other , the haters can go play somewhere else.f'em :wink:
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2009, 06:08:10 AM »
Oops, what a reaction - thank you folks, for all the friendly comments.

To the email - after I read it, I simple moved it in the trash bin.......just, go out of my eyes.

It was not the first time - so it didn't bother me too much anymore.

But I start this thread to show that we still got so ignorants under the user - and my interest was - to show so people that they are on the wrong way - to protect other on Landracing, that it happens not the same to them what happens to me.......may be other would step back without any comment.

I got the skin of an elephant....but it is also well known that an elephant got a very good memory...especially about people who hit me in a so nasty way.....he better stays out of my way.

I'm not interest to start a war against this guy.....my concern was to show this guy, that he and the people who got the same thinking, are wrong with their mind......

and I think, you all shows him with your comments how wrong he was with his email (mind)......

Thanks for your great support - I'm looking for to see you all at the salt.....only two more weeks.......

Have a safe trip and I wish everybody a safe and successful season.

Ps. Sherie & Willie......the German translation was hilerious..... :-D
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 01:54:02 PM by PorkPie »
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)