Author Topic: Respect to the User of this forum  (Read 11993 times)

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Respect to the User of this forum
« on: July 22, 2009, 11:20:11 AM »
Got today a email direct to my email address - from a member of this forum - he didn't use the private message -
which include a very nasty comment.

He mentioned in his mail "that I better learn proper English before I write comments on this webpage.......and he call me a moron....."

I have no right translation for the word "moron".....but it sounds very nasty to me.......

If it's so that my English (as a German) is not good enough, I better say bye bye to this webpage......

See ya
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline joea

Re: Respect to the User of this forum
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 11:26:36 AM »
.......comon porkpie......ya have thicker skin than that.......

i know its a weakness being german.....but we have loved ya
alot anyho w.........:):)

please....trust us........you have better english..and verbiage...
than many of the yanks here do........

drive on Pork.......we wont let you leave........

Joe

Offline gearheadeh

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 11:29:34 AM »
Got today a email direct to my email address - from a member of this forum - he didn't use the private message -
which include a very nasty comment.

He mentioned in his mail "that I better learn proper English before I write comments on this webpage.......and he call me a moron....."

I have no right translation for the word "moron".....but it sounds very nasty to me.......

If it's so that my English (as a German) is not good enough, I better say bye bye to this webpage......

See ya

This is unreal, what a crime to loose someone as good natured as youself, Please don't take the actions of 1 intolerant So and So to color everyone on this forum as not appreciating your presence here. Maybe if you named the evil doer here or even sent the Admin of the forum his name in a P.M. they could look into it!
40 is the old age of Youth, 50 is the young age of the Senior years.

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 11:30:48 AM »
Pork Pie, stick around buddy your presence is an asset to this site (even if you did call my bike a drunken busa). Anyone who is bi-lingual has certainly got one up on most of us. Not only that but you take pretty good pictures. :-D Your english is good enough for me.

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 11:37:25 AM »
Please stay.

Forward that email to Jon W.  and ask him to ban that fool.

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 11:38:28 AM »
Pork Pie,

There are HUNDREDS of us that love you, of those hundreds, there is only ONE that is rude, crude, and a moron himself that doesn't know sh*t from shinola!  There have been too many people with unlimited wealths of knowledge who no longer post here because of ONE idiot with an empty head.
You know we love you, so stay with us and ignore the jacka*s that sent you the nasty message.  If he doesn't like you posts, he can ignore them!!

Love Ya, Still,

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline Geo

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 12:06:23 PM »
Don't go I barely know you!

Brush off the looser hiding because they know they are doing bad things.

I enjoy your insight from outside the US.  We need the view other than our own.

My German is poor but I can do what I need.  My Chinese is fair.  Wonder what the mystery person knows...

Perhaps they are an expert in Igpay Atinlay!

Geo

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 12:15:19 PM »
Porkpie,

Please post the email from the sender, I am sure he meant to send it to us as well... :wink:

Offline sabat

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 12:23:27 PM »
I agree, if you leave  - then the jerk will have gotten what he wanted - he wins, we lose. 

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 12:25:13 PM »
I HAVE PROBABLY KNOWN PORKPIE AS LONG AS ANYONE ON THIS SITE. He never bad mouths any body and has total respect for the racer. He has gone out of his way to take pictures of some ones vehicle and makes sure they get copies. I have no problem with his English and have helped him with some of our yankee slang he doesn't understand. He is a great person and having someone make remarks and call him names is totally out of line.

We won't let them run you off.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 12:43:13 PM »
I wrote
"I better say bye bye....."........not "I say bye bye....".........so much to my bad English :wink:

BTW - this was the third mail in this way in the last two years - after the second one I had contact Jon.

I wrote this time direct here on the Forum by reason.....

This is a international used Forum with some people which use English only as there second language.....it isn't fair to bother this people with so kind of emails......I write this so, due to this that I don't know how much other user of this Forum had gotten so mails.

On and off a so webpage it is necessary to stay in a fair and polite way.

Hope this thread helps to eliminate so notes.

Thanks to all your "positive" comments - hope this shows the writer of this mail that he went the wrong direction....

I think I will stay at the Forum  :roll: and from time to time I will write a comment in my short Aenglish......
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 12:59:41 PM by PorkPie »
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

McRat

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 01:12:33 PM »
Internet boards require you to be a trained proctologist.  You are going to see many aholes, but the rewards are worth it I believe.  Please stay.

First time someone called me a moron on the internet, they misspelled it mormon.  Maybe they didn't care for Mormons, I'm not sure, but I didn't bother correcting them.

Correcting someone's grammar when debating tech issues is normally a sign that the guy doing the correcting doesn't like your opinion, but can't find anything actually wrong about it. 

Heck, I'm called virtually every name in the book on the internet, and even have my own "hate club" of a select few people who follow me around insulting me. :-D  But I learn alot on the boards, and I try to share what I've learned when possible.  90% of those on the internet are truly good folk, but the 10% who need a proctologist seems to cast a larger shadow than they actually represent.

What's funny, is most of the haters on the internet are good folk in person.  Some people just get mean on the web when they aren't that way in person.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 01:14:55 PM by McRat »

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 01:29:47 PM »
Porkiepie don’t go!  :-D sometimes you're a hard fellow to understand but after meeting you in person and getting to know you I just get a great big smile when I read your posts. I can hear you speak your "broken English" and I think its fun! We had such an awesome time with you on the drive home from speedweek and we are so looking forward to seeing you again! You do take a little getting used to as you're a bit different then our "norm" but it's so worth it to get to know you.

Don't worry about the stupid internet bullies. They hide behind their computer screen and say nasty things because they think they can get away with it. That emailer is narrow minded & they proved it by what they said and how they sent it. If they weren't such a coward they would have posted their opinion in public so we could all share our views.  :evil: Just send them to the recycle bin where they belong & stay here posting for those of us that enjoy it.

See that's the fun thing about the internet, you don't HAVE to read anything you don't WANT to read. And if you don't like someone just move on!

BTW, Will you be at speedweek?

Debbie
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 01:46:02 PM »
Thomas;

I'll apologize for the indefensible e- mail that some "spitzbooben" sent you. Your posts are welcome and always interesting.

Your English is far better than my German.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 01:52:24 PM »
Debbie,

I can tell you...yes, Pork Pie will be at Speedweek....how do I know this?  Because I'm holding his ice chest (with important stickers all over it) and his salt shoes ransom!!
I keep his stuff in my motorhome so he doesn't have to fight with the airlines everytime!!  I feel that his presence on the salt is a good ransom amount and have been justified every time!!

Of course, Pork Pie can answer for himself, but I wanted you to know that he meets the ransom demands every year!!   :-D  :wink:

Just Love that accent of his and the energy that he radiates!!

Ransom-note-writer-Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!