Author Topic: TREITS STREAMLINER  (Read 1811129 times)

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Re: TREITS STREAMLINER
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 06:32:34 AM »
This diary has had no problem except the one I created. So far, so goot.

Pork Pie, are u there?

FREUD

Hello Freud, my old friend.......yeap I'm still alive.......just only busy like hell......to get everything done before I start my vacation on Thursday the 6th. I will arrive at the salt on Thursday night for the full moon :-D
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Stainless Two

• newest member of the 199.9 club :)
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 07:35:30 AM »
Stainless does not dump his own urinal any longer, he has kids and even grandkids to do things for him these days :).  stay behind the ledge though, the boy's aim may still be questionable...LOL :)   :cheers:
Look at my new RED HAT!!!!

#278 1000CC APS-G 208.959MPH record
209.093 mph best time

pit bitch to #1000 Bockscar

Proud to be a Texan!  in San Antonio

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 09:02:47 AM »
Freud, as much as I hate to say it, the problem that broke the other thread must be that picture of you I posted....  :| the Feds probably are just trying to protect you  :roll:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Freud

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2009, 11:16:11 AM »
The manufacturer of my shirt has caused the problem. They sent me a registered letter today demanding the return of the shirt and a

signed statement that I will never again wear their products.

They threatened to snatch our first born and I told them to go ahead. We weren't on the greatest of terms with her anyhow.

They don't know of the new build diary so, Stainless, don't post any shots of me wearing that shirt.

FREUD

Since '63

Offline bobc

• Administrator
    • South Mt. Web Design
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2009, 08:30:33 PM »
Freud and all,

The Web Elf hath not forgotten about the Page 23 problem... but 'tis somewhat intractable.  I hope to get it fixed, and maybe even get the two threads together again.

Thank you all for your patience,
Bob

PS, Can someone tell me about the threatening letters I've been receiving about allowing some shirt photos to be posted?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 08:32:20 PM by bobc »
Web Elf

Offline Freud

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2009, 10:07:58 PM »
Web Elf, run and hide if u get more challenges regarding shirts.

We will back off on u about page 23 but our lack of green cards and witness protection plans are nothing in comparison to the "shirt deal."

If u ever have plans for a family, stay away from the shirts. It will carry on past your grave.

Stainless is developing a plan to divert the shirt studs.

He is going under cover to confuse them.  FORGET about page 23.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2009, 10:51:35 PM »
The panels back to the wheel wells are ready for finishing. There are some minor surface adjustments needed but as soon as these are done

The panels will be sent out for internal painting. When that is done, the rivets can be installed and the skin attached to the ribs. It looks to

me that we are talking about six panels. The panels at the wheel wells are still a ways from being done. They will need small radius

reliefs at the very bottom of the tire profile. That panel is next to his right leg. When those are done, that panel will be ready to be

riveted to the internal structure.

So all I will post is this one panel. Jason is attaching it to it's ribs for final fit and finishing. The felt pen marks are the areas that will get

slight adjustments.

FREUD
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 10:54:41 PM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2009, 12:22:17 PM »
The wooden patterns support the internal supports for the tail section skin.

This support system is in place while the panels are being rebuilt for the section immediately behind the air brake.

After all the work on the major area of that panel was left behind  they are starting over with new panels attached to the upper section.

There are two weld joints and the structure was cut apart and new panels are being formed by Steve's Auto Restoration in Portland, OR. Fitting and finish will be redone and the

support panels will be in place when they are satisfied with the assembled profile. This is one more example of "perfect" or start over.

The metal supports will be built and installed when the internal supports profile is a match for the body profile.

FREUD

Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2009, 01:04:05 PM »
This is the first of 3 parts of an interview that was done July 22nd. It was done in the doorway of Hume's shop and the background

noise is Jason at work and logging trucks on the highway thats about 200 feet from the shop.

I hope u enjoy it.  Cut me some slack on the quality. Kepner will bury my bones when he hears it. Sorry Bret.

Part 1    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sz1xfuBHPs

FREUD
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 02:56:58 PM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline desotoman

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2009, 01:52:52 PM »
Hi Freud,

I just watched Part 1 and you did a great job. I appreciate all of the effort you have put into this build keeping everyone up to date and well informed. I am sure Marlo is happy with your efforts also. I cannot wait to see Part 2 and 3.

Keep up the excellent work,

Tom G.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 11:48:27 PM by desotoman »
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2009, 05:05:50 PM »
Thanks for the video!!!!!!!!!!!  look forward to the rest   see you on the salt!!!!!!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Freud

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2009, 06:05:20 PM »
If the videos bring questions to you, just post the question and if I can't answer it I'll get the answer in the next video.

THANX

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2009, 09:39:12 PM »
About the problem -- here's what Bob, our web elf, says about it:

"Jon, I figgered out that there's a corrupt record in the database.  I'm trying to get direct access to the Db in order to blow it away.

Any page that has that record on it comes up blank.  I added a bunch of posts to move it down in the stack, and sure enough, the second page came up blank, and #1 was ok (and full of my posts)."

So -- yes, we're working on it, and we're also very sorry for the interruption.  And especially sorry for giving you fits, Freud.  We'll get it all better really soon, and anyway -- you've come up with a temporary workaround.  Thanks.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Freud

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2009, 11:11:08 PM »
This website isn't for me. It's for all the people that we can entertain and to whom we can provide information.

I am overwhelmed with the support I have received from Bob, the slave in the bowels of this electronic marvel and from you, Jon, for

selecting a person as patient as he is.  I am probably the source of the contamination. It happened on my shift, so I will take my share

of noodle lashes for creating the problem.

I'll do the best I can to make up for the inconvenience that our viewers have endured and see if I can't step it up with some with new and

better presentations.

Thanks for providing this site for me to present Marlo's fantastic project. So for that I will add Part 2 of the "country side" interview of

Jim Hume.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sz1xfuBHPs

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_iyYxrXuoQ 

Thanks again, Landracing.com and all of the viewers.

FREUD

« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 11:23:43 AM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2009, 11:31:59 PM »
Thanks Freud. You do superb work. Thanks also to Jim Hume for doing the interview with you.

Pete