Author Topic: TREITS STREAMLINER  (Read 1811050 times)

Offline Bob Drury

Re: TREITS STREAMLINER
« Reply #2100 on: August 23, 2014, 01:29:25 AM »
  ... and your command of the English lang... ah, nevermind................... :-D :-D :-D
                                              Ol' One Run, out............................................
Bob Drury

Offline Freud

« Reply #2101 on: August 23, 2014, 01:53:54 AM »
Pork Pie......................sorry that I was mistaken.  I thought that you were closer to the starting line than I was.

I planned to use some of your images in the section of my next post about run 2.  The images that you gave me on

the thumb drive are the only ones that have the panel coming off, except for the video that was done with the lip stick

camera on the tail of Target 550.

I am working on the post of the setup at the Test and Tune and the first run. Then the next post will have the troubled

second run.

I apologize for my mistake. I appreciate how you share with us so very much.

THANKS for your contributions.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #2102 on: August 23, 2014, 04:02:40 AM »
Pork Pie......................sorry that I was mistaken.  I thought that you were closer to the starting line than I was.

I planned to use some of your images in the section of my next post about run 2.  The images that you gave me on

the thumb drive are the only ones that have the panel coming off, except for the video that was done with the lip stick

camera on the tail of Target 550.

I am working on the post of the setup at the Test and Tune and the first run. Then the next post will have the troubled

second run.

I apologize for my mistake. I appreciate how you share with us so very much.

THANKS for your contributions.

FREUD

Doc Freud, my friend, don't worry

I only tried to explain that I got no magical camera which could do picture from the 3 1/2 mile when I stand around the starting line..... :-D
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2103 on: August 23, 2014, 04:17:33 AM »
Not even a Barrett Light 50 could make that shot!. :-D
Pork Pie, we have a town called Heilbronn here too. :cheers:

Offline Finallygotit

« Reply #2104 on: August 23, 2014, 05:40:41 PM »
Pork Pie, do NOT stop posting pictures on this site.  Your photography is professional as are you and much appreciated in the land of LSR.
 :cheers:
Dan
Tucson, AZ

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #2105 on: August 24, 2014, 06:03:32 AM »
Pork Pie, do NOT stop posting pictures on this site.  Your photography is professional as are you and much appreciated in the land of LSR.
 :cheers:

You write it....my photos are on professional level....

but why the heck the racers don't respect it....

I'm not writing an invoice for the picture I'm sending to the racers....I ask for a nice donation....maybe the most racer on the salt and the people here on Landracing are not aware, how tough it is for me to come every year to the salt (with my camera)...again and again....and every year it is getting tougher...

For 2011 and 2012 a lot of racers still didn't took care for their donation....even worse....they forgot to say THANK YOU...thought my work is professional....

in 2011 I sent more than 70 picture CD's over the pond and around the world.....more than 50 percent didn't pay to today....the rate for 2012 is not better....

I need this donation that I can travel...otherwise I have to stay away so as in 2005....

I got some racers at the salt, who are supporting me very nice....and the greatest gift I got for my work, was from the Bockscar Team....they done me in their car that I could became a record holder and a member of the 200 MPH Club....this gift was coming from the heart of all the team members.....one of the most wonderful gift I got in my life.....a Thanks forever from my side to my friends from the Bockscar Team.

but this means not for the other racer that they have not to get me a nice donation......

a while ago, but this year, Jon (Wennerberg) wrote here on Landracing a note.....if the people at this website can not get my a donation for my work for the website so as they done for Ray the Rat.......there are only 1500+ picture of mine under the photo chapter......and I was interest to increase this number....

the result of this activity of Jon, was......that on the same day TWO member of Landracing got me a donation on my PayPal account.....and they had NO REASON to do it....because, they took so much care for me over the years before - also I had no picture for them.....they done it, that Me and my camera can come back to the salt for the racers....

Since this day this TWO stand alone as donators.......not one more who spent a cent on the professional photographer.....

Unfortunately, here on Landracing it is not better in a other way......

Just in the last few weeks.....I add picture from Test and Tune on the website....any reaction....great, thanks, good job.....NOTHING....one comment I got, in a PM, thank you Louise for your words, that she really like this picture....other comments missing....the same for the other picture in the last time...and the picture I add over all the months.....

Salt Talk/Ray Memorial shirt.....Freud pointed on that the memorial picture on the back of the shirt was my art work.....in the following comments my name never showed up....

10 comments about my note that I will stop to take picture on this website.....wow....a shitstorm........yeah.....a mini one......

it looks that the people at Landracing are not appreciating my photo work (and maybe my comments)....so why the heck I have to get picture here.....

and may be the same for the racers at the salt.....may be I have only to take care for the one who are taking care for me....AMEN
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 06:17:55 AM by PorkPie »
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2106 on: August 24, 2014, 09:42:44 AM »
It's pretty obvious that we've managed to aggravate Pork Pie with our inattention.  In my own way I'm guilty, too - in that when he gets a Salt Talks t-shirt he usually pays for it - even when I tell him that it's my "payment" for all of the work he does for us and the site.  He's like that - and we need to be sure that we do our best to overcome his natural reticence about accepting stuff.  So - use the Paypal button and the $$ (or Euros, as it were) will arrive on his doorstep/monitor as a fait accompli. 

We get the pleasure of spending lots of time with the guy when he's here, but just because of that extra dose of familiarity Nancy and I shouldn't assume we don't have to step up and give him real money to help pay the expenses he incurs just getting to Bville.

The photos in the Gallery here are another case in point.  Do any of youse guys look at them and then tell him that they were good -- or, better yet, send him a few bucks?  How 'bout the gift(s) he's donated for Salt Talks the picnic?  For the last year or two he's donated a photo-on-canvas for us to use as a gift for the raffle.  Last year the picture went for $200 (I think).  I'll use that as a real price for such a work. This year it a super-duper shot of the Phoenix towing a chute on the way down from the fastest diesel truck ever run.  I think that's what he told me.  He remembers when he took this shot and that -- and so you get not only a photo but also the history behind it.  Like the photo that hangs on the wall in our big front room.  It's the Speed Demon traveling at warp speed.  That's a cool shot - so good we can see the exhaust warping the light passing through it.  But it's more than just a good shot -- it's of the car on one of the fastest runs (I'm sure he'll let us know just what speed it was doing then - and thanks, PP).

My point is that if you admire a certain shot of his -- tell him with at least words if not money.  If you want a certain shot enlarged or whatever -- go ahead and ask for it and then make sure you pay for it -- preferably in advance so you don't neglect to pay later on.  He'll appreciate it - and so will you and the rest of us. :-)
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline hotrod

• Black Horse photo
« Reply #2107 on: August 24, 2014, 01:08:32 PM »
My .02 cents on this.

Thanks for your efforts Pork Pie!
Like you I do the photography for the pleasure of it and to be able to get a snapshot of history so in the future someone will be able to see what it was like to do land speed racing at the turn of the 21st century.

We unfortunately live in a culture where photography is becoming considered free for the taking thanks to the internet.
Lots of folks do not respect the rights and efforts  invested by the folks who take the pictures.
They don't think about the fact that some poor soul stood in the hot sun for 12 hours a day to take those shots, or got up at O dark thirty to get a shot in impound. Nor do they consider equipment and travel expenses which is not a trivial expense to the photographer.
Like you I have destroyed expensive photography equipment out on the salt.
One slip and a $700 lens becomes a paper weight.
A year ago I made the mistake of putting together a spread sheet of all my photo equipment and what I had spent on it.
Like some of the car owners (better not to do that) it scared the crap out of me.

There are a few teams that have been very supportive and paid me a fair price for prints and never whined about the price.
Others always slip in a dig about how much a print costs or accept proof images by email and then never order anything.
You know that they probably are using your work for free and not even a thank you.
That is irritating, but I have had to come to terms with that part of human nature.

Like they say in sales, if the customer is not willing to pay a fair price for the goods, than they are really not your market to begin with.
I also have provided pictures to the tech inspectors following incidents and to the teams when I notice something in a shot that I think they need to know about. That is my obligation as a human being to pass on info about possible serious issues. I don't do it for money but would appreciate a thank you.

I am not a sales man by nature, I really have to force myself to show off my work. I would much rather be out there trying to find a good shot and frankly when I am on the salt "my job" is taking pictures not walking around irritating people with sales pitches.
Likewise the racers job is to go fast safely not listen to my sales pitch.

If you want to see my work ask me, I would be happy to show you my pictures when I know it is not an intrusion on your efforts to get to the starting line.
I have a web site with a few samples but no where near the thousands of images I have in my files.
If you want a specific shot ask me and I will make every effort to make it happen with in the limits of my ability/equipment and the whims of the salt gods.

I also donated pictures to salt talks for several years, but, never even got introduced to the crowd as the photographer who donated them (although my name was mentioned one year) so I stopped doing that.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 01:31:07 PM by hotrod »

Offline joea

« Reply #2108 on: August 24, 2014, 01:27:03 PM »
i started a thread in Bonneville General titled "Photog's at Bonneville" hopefully that can allow
some discourse deserved for that there

Offline hotrod

• Black Horse photo
« Reply #2109 on: August 24, 2014, 01:30:43 PM »
Saw that Joe and thanks for the kind words!

Offline desotoman

« Reply #2110 on: August 24, 2014, 11:28:49 PM »
Pork Pie,

Thank you for your reply. To be honest I never have looked at the Photo Gallery on this website until you just mentioned it. I had no idea that you had posted 1500 plus pictures on this site, now I do. Thanks for your effort.
I won't tie up this thread with all I want to say so I will send you a PM.

Thanks for venting and getting some frustration off your chest.

Tom G.

PS.

in 2011 I sent more than 70 picture CD's over the pond and around the world.....more than 50 percent didn't pay to today....the rate for 2012 is not better....

I need this donation that I can travel...otherwise I have to stay away so as in 2005....

To all the deadbeat Racers out there who never sent money for the CD Pork Pie sent, get off you azz and send your donation  to Pork Pie.  PorkPie Paypal:   pork.pie@t-online.de

Tom G.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 12:04:34 AM by desotoman »
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Freud

« Reply #2111 on: September 08, 2014, 09:46:25 AM »
The Treit an Davenport car has only mad one run. Saturday was almost an idle thru.

The tune up was really fat and Ls decided that speed wa not needed to gather data.

There are several new video cameras and the tail camera showed a conflict when the

two parachutes were released at once. Now both lines are the same length. Many small

items were taken care of by Korey and Dickie while Marlo leaned it out by 15%.

They went to the staging area and were in line about 2:15. Staging was closed at 5:00

and running was stopped at 6:00. They were given number 5 for the lineup for Monday.

That's the way things happen sometimes. Except for heating the oil and a warmup of

each engine, they are ready for their run this morning. With such an early start they should

be able to make two runs today. I will post todays results tonight.
Since '63

Offline sabat

« Reply #2112 on: September 08, 2014, 12:18:14 PM »
Gorgeous pictures, thanks doc. Fingers crossed for smooth runs today. Dean

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2113 on: September 08, 2014, 02:22:58 PM »
Les made a run in the car a while ago.  Ran fine -- to the 5 - up to about 275-290 (I was driving - didn't get to write down the speeds). 

Nothing on further runs today.  I'll let you know if I head anything.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Freud

« Reply #2114 on: September 08, 2014, 04:57:52 PM »
The Treit an Davenport car has only made one run. Saturday was almost an idle thru.

The tune up was really fat and Ls decided that speed wa not needed to gather data.

There are several new video cameras and the tail camera showed a conflict when the

two parachutes were released at once. Now both lines are the same length. Many small

items were taken care of by Korey and Dickie while Marlo leaned it out by 15%.

They went to the staging area and were in line about 2:15. Staging was closed at 5:00

and running was stopped at 6:00. They were given number 5 for the lineup for Monday.

That's the way things happen sometimes. Except for heating the oil and a warmup of

each engine, they are ready for their run this morning. With such an early start they should

be able to make two runs today. I will post todays results tonight.

During the time that I was downloading fotos we have had thunder and rain in Wendover.

Our crew is loading up to leave. It is raining on the salt and they do not have confidence

that the course will be what they want to run on. I was informed to stay in town.

We have two concerns: getting our 53 foot trailer and the race car back on the asphalt

and that Danny Thompson gets to make his return record run.

Our prayers, in any form go to his successful return run.  GO DANNY, GO !!

FREUD

« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 07:41:20 PM by Freud »
Since '63