Author Topic: TREITS STREAMLINER  (Read 1810895 times)

Offline Freud

Re: TREITS STREAMLINER
« Reply #1965 on: March 08, 2014, 11:19:39 PM »
Today I met Ray's youngest sister and her family.

They were so appreciative as I turned his belongings over to them.

On the dining room table his camera case was opened. As his niece

lifted his camera from the case she also ripped my guts out. Never

would she know that my first connection with Ray was through his

camera. As the Canon came out of that overloaded case I was "Shot with Canon."

Now I really know how much I miss him.

Some things are difficult. Today was impossible.

That man was family. Not just to me but to the Bonneville family also.

We have lost a most unique person.

When you are at home and an event is being held without pictures and a personal

note about each racer, our LSR family will feel it also.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #1966 on: March 09, 2014, 05:19:35 AM »
Doc Freud,

how similar my connection starts with Ray.

it was his very first day at the salt, this was before he had his tough heart surgery, he had parked his car close to the impound, there was no vendor busy to this time.

He had a wonderful old analog camera in his hand and some of this very fancy digital, so I  stopped and walked over to him. Found out that he was the first time out and was both a computer and a photography nerds....so I showed him my equipment...and one of his first comment was..."I have to think about"...seeing all this bodies (three) and lenses (five)...most impressed him my 14 pounds heavy (metal) 300 mm 2.8 lens.....yeah...shot with Canon....my first Canon I bought in 1975....1978 I had my first A1....later I update this equipment to the newest stuff at the market......all this we talked about....and later Ray done the same....what a smile in his face when I gave him my spare Canon 5D when his 7D was in the refurbish....from there on he was the owner of this 5D...and one happy guy...

May be I was one of some people who took care with my "bad influence" (or more my camera equipment) which got him in the position he was at last for the speed community.

When he went through my photo work he asked me a hole in my stomach (as we say in Germany)....it was very interested to hear his questions....and I was surprised, too....

Ray was a excellent photographer with a great eye for the picture....also in a different way as I....luckily, this makes photography so wonderful, when photo artists creating their own view of a picture....when Ray and I done together a photo shooting (like the Target 550 at Bonneville) the result was totally different....and we both looked on each other picture at the computer screen....WOW, THATS A GREAT SHOT, YOU DONE....we was never competitor...we only pushed as "higher and higher"...and we was a d a m n good team.

Ray's house in Taylorsville was my house....he gave me the key, I had there a sleeping room, I could be there also if he was away....I think he very enjoyed my company when I was at his place....and always we was working on one of his cars.....

There from was coming "the two world tallest dwarfs"...one day we worked on the BURB...which was very tough for us, so short we are....and so I said to Ray...here are working the two world tallest dwarfs.....it end up that from time to time our emails was signed with....the younger dwarf....the older dwarf...

I will miss my older dwarf....hope they got there upstairs a proper photo shop...

Pork Pie
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #1967 on: March 09, 2014, 12:13:04 PM »
Freud, Pork pie great words and history .Rays was a good friend and we talked often over the years. He sent me some great photos and never ask for a dime. It's not going to be the same on the salt but every time I look at floating mountain I know he we be there looking over his favorite spot on earth. God Speed Ray.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #1968 on: March 09, 2014, 12:48:54 PM »
I did send money to Ray quite a few times - to compensate him for the photos he took and provided not only to Nancy and me but also to the website.  But he was certainly humble (if that's the right word) about the $$ -- in that he wouldn't tell me what he expected, wanted, or even thought was the correct amount.  He'd leave that up to me.  And that's one reason I started encouraging you folks out there to send money directly to him (vs. through this site) - not only to give him as much as he could get, but also to offer further proof of how much his work was appreciated.  I hope we all will remember that attitude and send some money to the others that do our great photography out there, whether it be Pork Pie or Tony Huntimer and so on.  We're fortunate to have people that enjoy giving us great photos -- let's make sure they all know how much we appreciate 'em.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Freud

« Reply #1969 on: March 16, 2014, 11:34:35 PM »
The 'burb is back running. A fuel pump and a salt infested relay have been replaced.

Pump in a tank is a challenge when all of the attachment points have been salted

for the past few years. Some twisted off. Others required a rattler.

I'll deliver the rig to Ray's sister on Tuesday. The next item is the open house

in Taylorsville March 23.

I wish he was going to be there.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #1970 on: March 18, 2014, 10:10:33 PM »
Doc:

You are a good man getting Ray's Burb in good running order before it's returned. As for the 23rd, I am one that believes Ray will be there. You may feel his presence or he may nudge you to tell a story or he may just observe... but he will be there. Any person that gives so much of themselves lives forever in our memories.

I wish I could be there.

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Freud

« Reply #1971 on: March 31, 2014, 12:51:00 AM »
OK fellows. Some more patience. I am working to get a new web elf. This time I will learn how to

do the posts myself. Then I won't have to rely on someone else to do what I should have been doing

all this time. Ray started to teach me. Then we divided duties and both of us were happy.

I'll still post on Landracing.com but I need to get Target550.com, H.A.M.B and Facebook active also.

Someone will pull my sneakers out of the quicksand.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Tman

« Reply #1972 on: April 06, 2014, 03:39:59 PM »
OK fellows. Some more patience. I am working to get a new web elf. This time I will learn how to

do the posts myself. Then I won't have to rely on someone else to do what I should have been doing

all this time. Ray started to teach me. Then we divided duties and both of us were happy.

I'll still post on Landracing.com but I need to get Target550.com, H.A.M.B and Facebook active also.

Someone will pull my sneakers out of the quicksand.

FREUD

I can help you post on the HAMB Freud. I owe you guys that much for all the help and inspiration.

Offline Freud

« Reply #1973 on: May 01, 2014, 09:19:12 PM »
I now have total access to the Target550 website.

Postings will start when I find another web elf.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline tauruck

« Reply #1974 on: May 02, 2014, 09:53:30 PM »
Can't wait.

You'll do a fine job as usual.

Thanks Freud. :cheers:

Offline Freud

« Reply #1975 on: May 11, 2014, 11:15:18 AM »
Without Ray to make multiple posts I will just do this on Landracing.com.

It's our Mothers Day wish for all of the Mothers that put us on this planet.

Target 550 Crew
Since '63

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #1976 on: June 05, 2014, 11:37:48 PM »
Thanks Doc. We can always count on you to service our mothers :cheers:

John Boy 8-)
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline Freud

« Reply #1977 on: June 30, 2014, 11:29:09 AM »
At last.......a news post.

Open www.target550.com   Just click on this Target550  link.

Lower right corner click on the news release.

There are two new sections. The first is a tribute to Ray Therat.

The second is an updating blurb.

We will post during the Test and Tune.

Welcome back.

FREUD
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 01:36:57 PM by Sumner »
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #1978 on: June 30, 2014, 11:44:43 AM »
Check www.target550.com.

News release in the lower right corner.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1979 on: June 30, 2014, 12:07:39 PM »
Ray  had this strange habit of encountering the "strangest" People in Public Places
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!